Investing General Discussion

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
R Rais HKD jumped to 68 bucks last week from about 12. You get any of that action?

If it drops low I just buy some because it tends to stupid rally once a quarter.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stonks ripping going into earnings week...

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

Rais

Trakanon Raider
R Rais HKD jumped to 68 bucks last week from about 12. You get any of that action?

If it drops low I just buy some because it tends to stupid rally once a quarter.
I got on for an average buy of 25. I held that bag all the way down to 10 and resold at 35. If it goes back down to 10 I’ll pick some up again. There is some Chinese firm pump and dumping. Every 3 months or so. Really hoped for a 2k run again, but too many people jumped on thinking the same and it died down in 2 days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
was this covered here? (I was hibernating in December) Rollover from 529 to ROTH IRA with no penalty, good way to set up kids regardless of college attendance and give them $35k tax free for perpetuity.

• The 529 account must have been open for more than 15 years
  • The eligible rollover amount must have been in the 529 account for at least 5 years
  • The funds must be rolled over to a Roth IRA owned by the 529 account beneficiary (student)
  • There’s a $35,000 lifetime cap on Roth IRA rollovers for each 529 account beneficiary

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
was this covered here? (I was hibernating in December) Rollover from 529 to ROTH IRA with no penalty, good way to set up kids regardless of college attendance and give them $35k tax free for perpetuity.

• The 529 account must have been open for more than 15 years
  • The eligible rollover amount must have been in the 529 account for at least 5 years
  • The funds must be rolled over to a Roth IRA owned by the 529 account beneficiary (student)
  • There’s a $35,000 lifetime cap on Roth IRA rollovers for each 529 account beneficiary
Great catch.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Secure Act 2.0 has lots of little tweaks that are good for flexibility. The government is only in power as long as people can barely get by, but get by. I think they saw how low of a % people had saved enough and are trying to help - while helping themselves of course.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Closed out my MP puts for about 50% profit. I would have been comfortable riding them out to expiry (Jan 20th) but dont want to risk holding them into Week 1 of Earnings Season plus the Fed.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dumped CAT at $250 and banked some solid profits. Good stock, solid performer but I think it just got out ahead of itself (as have most of the other industrial stocks). Will definitely circle back when it slides back below $200.

Closed out PLTR puts for a couple of pennies.

• 1Tendies

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm not putting any more big money into indexes until we have whatever debt limit/government shutdown fight. Just my normal $150 a week into SPY.

I've got this thing going with SoFi where I auto-deposit $50 3x a week into an Invest account and I get 2% back in points. I then put that money into SPY the next time I see it dip in the middle of the day. So I get a free 2% return!

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not putting any more big money into indexes until we have whatever debt limit/government shutdown fight. Just my normal $150 a week into SPY.

I've got this thing going with SoFi where I auto-deposit $50 3x a week into an Invest account and I get 2% back in points. I then put that money into SPY the next time I see it dip in the middle of the day. So I get a free 2% return!
Free money is best money.

Fidelity has a credit card that converts 2% of your spend into a deposit in your account.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Free money is best money.

Fidelity has a credit card that converts 2% of your spend into a deposit in your account.
Yeah I already get all sorts of cashback stuff. But this is different, this is 2% back on money you deposit into your investment account, up to $50 deposits, 3x a week.

• 1Like