Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok, I am not gonna bother with a poll. Does Janet Powell raise 50 basis points, 25 basis points or 0 basis points this afternoon?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, I am not gonna bother with a poll. Does Janet Powell raise 50 basis points, 25 basis points or 0 basis points this afternoon?

I hope she raises 50 partly so that those smug "economic correspondent" fucks who predicted dropping interest rates to save some mismanaged banks get BTFO.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My hope is he raises 50 so the market tanks and I can move that big pile of FTEC cash into a plunging SPY.

I think they go zero to "stabilize the banking sector".

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Theory is, if they went to a flat pause, you're also admitting things are broken. I'd expect a sell on that news.
I am fine with that too. On a personal level I fee like I am playing a straddle. If we shoot up I sell the other half of my FTEC and wait for a pullback to move the cash into SPY. If we drop then I move my current cash into SPY on the cheap.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Big difference in what I think they will do and what they probably should do. Trying to juggle a lot of things in the air at the same time hoping one doesn't fall on the floor and then the party is over.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The color of Powells tie has as much power to predict market reaction to the FOMC decision as the actual number they release.

Personally I think he's gonna skip the tie altogether today and the markets will kangaroo in response. We'll see how I do.

• 1Jonesing

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1679500999605.png

at last.gif

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So according to GS we are going down, down or down depending on which hike we get.

• 1Like