Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok, I am not gonna bother with a poll. Does Janet Powell raise 50 basis points, 25 basis points or 0 basis points this afternoon?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, I am not gonna bother with a poll. Does Janet Powell raise 50 basis points, 25 basis points or 0 basis points this afternoon?

I hope she raises 50 partly so that those smug "economic correspondent" fucks who predicted dropping interest rates to save some mismanaged banks get BTFO.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My hope is he raises 50 so the market tanks and I can move that big pile of FTEC cash into a plunging SPY.

I think they go zero to "stabilize the banking sector".

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Theory is, if they went to a flat pause, you're also admitting things are broken. I'd expect a sell on that news.
I am fine with that too. On a personal level I fee like I am playing a straddle. If we shoot up I sell the other half of my FTEC and wait for a pullback to move the cash into SPY. If we drop then I move my current cash into SPY on the cheap.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Big difference in what I think they will do and what they probably should do. Trying to juggle a lot of things in the air at the same time hoping one doesn't fall on the floor and then the party is over.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The color of Powells tie has as much power to predict market reaction to the FOMC decision as the actual number they release.

Personally I think he's gonna skip the tie altogether today and the markets will kangaroo in response. We'll see how I do.

• 1Jonesing

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1679500999605.png

at last.gif

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So according to GS we are going down, down or down depending on which hike we get.

• 1Like