Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nvda set another 52 week high.
So NVDA got hit by a double upgrade from HSBC, hence the strength today. Funny thing is, if you dig below the surface, you realize the analyst behind the upgrade has a 14% success rate and -16% avg return on his calls. But hey, fuck it ... AI AI AI mania has set in!

1681833589903.png

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So NVDA got hit by a double upgrade from HSBC, hence the strength today. Funny thing is, if you dig below the surface, you realize the analyst behind the upgrade has a 14% success rate and -16% avg return on his calls. But hey, fuck it ... AI AI AI mania has set in!

View attachment 469600

WTF? Wow.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 469600
He's only 14% away from being the next kramer.

• 2Worf
  • 1Ice Burn

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Those clowns are everywhere.

iirc there was a clown at goldmansachs that had a sell rating on AMD the entire time AMD went from $10 to $80+.

• 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hoping this pays off soon. VIX was trading 52w lows and SPY at the top of the channel, so worth the punt.

vix.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tesla has cut model 3 and model Y prices late yesterday. Strange thing to do right before earnings. This makes it the 6th price cut of the year!

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I have a coworker who bought Tesla whatever for about $100k and even in Austin here its priced around ~$60k now. He bitches about this daily.

I make sure to remind him that I drive an $8k 10 year old Mazda that drives just fine.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tesla has cut model 3 and model Y prices late yesterday. Strange thing to do right before earnings. This makes it the 6th price cut of the year!

He raised prices insanely high during the Covid fuckery. He is now incrementally lowering them back down and forcing his competitors to do the same. I will say as anecdotal evidence that I spent the last 10 days between NY and Florida and the amount of M3s I saw clogging up supercharger stations was insane. Those little fucking sedans are like cockroaches now. Having to wait in line to charge at some rando supercharger location in bumfucked NC blew my mind.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
<--- lives in bumfucked NC (one of many, so perhaps it isnt the same one mentioned). Still way more inbredmobiles (full size trucks) around here than anything, but I went from seeing 1 tesla a week a year ago, to quite a few each day now, my wife also mentioned how many more she sees on the road when she drives to work. He has done a solid job of getting his products into many markets.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I know I live in Austin which is both a hipster faggot paradise in addition to having our own local Tesla gigafactory but even I am stunned with how many Teslas are on the road.

Teslas are by far the favorite way for Indians to show off their status. There are 5 Indians in my neighborhood. Every single one of them drives a Tesla.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Called my cousin last week (who sells me all my trucks) bc I saw they dropped the price on a RAM limited by $4k and he said to hold off for 3-6 months bc it’s gonna drop way more.

He told me RAM called all their dealers last week and told them that they’re basically gonna be dropping everything $10k-$15k while adding features. Apparently in their haste to keep up w rising used car prices they priced themselves out of new buyers. Prob a broader trend across all dealers.

So, Tesla price drops aren’t surprising in light of that.

[edit] To put it in perspective, he bought a Jeep for his wife for like $80k and that same model is going to have $10k of additional feature and sell for $5k less in six months. So, roughly a $15k difference.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I have a coworker who bought Tesla whatever for about $100k and even in Austin here its priced around ~$60k now. He bitches about this daily.

I make sure to remind him that I drive an $8k 10 year old Mazda that drives just fine.
You should start adding up the money you spend on gas, then let him know how much he is "saving" every time he complains! I'm sure it will make him feel better!

"$40k difference in price is rough, but at least you are saving $300 a month in gas, so it's definably worth it! After 10 years of owning this car, I have probably spent $36,000 in gas, so we are basically in the same boat!"

• 1Worf