Investing General Discussion

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I've had RSU's vesting over the last 3 years... Seeing that "We sold this percentage of your vesting RSU's to cover taxes" will never cease rustling my jimmies most violently..... At least they're selling to cover based on the price of the stock the day it was granted, and not the price of the stock now.

Of course that means I'll owe taxes when I eventually sell it on the profits.

• 1Triggered
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus fucking Christ. The hourly numbers here are accurate?

(US) Wells Fargo analysts estimate that if all UAW demands passed, the average hourly labor costs for Big Three US automakers would more than double from ~$66/h to ~$136/h

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm assuming that's a fully burdened labor rate? But still, I've rarely seen a burdened rate that's more than 50% of the total, so that's still $68/hr in actual pay at worst (~$130k annually). Average.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just to add, when I was still working, usually we'd see lead engineer types on a DoD project making about $150/hr fully burdened.

So the UAW is asking for the average autoworker to be making what an engineer with 20+ years of experience on a fighter jet is making.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just to add, when I was still working, usually we'd see lead engineer types on a DoD project making about $150/hr fully burdened.

So the UAW is asking for the average autoworker to be making what an engineer with 20+ years of experience on a fighter jet is making.

Jets are over priced, require tons of maintenace, so sounds about right for your average american car

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus fucking Christ. The hourly numbers here are accurate?

(US) Wells Fargo analysts estimate that if all UAW demands passed, the average hourly labor costs for Big Three US automakers would more than double from ~$66/h to ~$136/h
I can only assume the UAW situation has prompted this Tesla upgrade from Morgan Stanley. If those labor costs are passed on through higher prices, you're going to send customers elsewhere.

09/10 19:47 TSLA Morgan Stanley Raised TSLA to Overweight from Equal-Weight, price target $400 from $250

• 1Mother of God

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can only assume the UAW situation has prompted this Tesla upgrade from Morgan Stanley. If those labor costs are passed on through higher prices, you're going to send customers elsewhere.

09/10 19:47 TSLA Morgan Stanley Raised TSLA to Overweight from Equal-Weight, price target $400 from $250
What I read is the upgrade is due to Tesla's supercomputer called DOJO.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh yes of course... AI to the rescue .. one supercomputer that's going to make half a trillion in market value.

Uh Huh Sure GIF

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It worked for Nvidia
No because they actually built and sold components for these supercomputers, which means that actual transactions and good old fashioned revenue has actually occurred. The "exponential value" of them running is something that is only speculative.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No because they actually built and sold components for these supercomputers, which means that actual transactions and good old fashioned revenue has actually occurred. The "exponential value" of them running is something that is only speculative.

So they generated enough revenue to justify their 350% stock run in the last year? So yes, they also benefited from AI supercomputer hype

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So they generated enough revenue to justify their 350% stock run in the last year? So yes, they also benefited from AI supercomputer hype
Sure but in one case you have a product that already exists that people are buying, in the other you have theoretical product development that might create products to sell.

I guess the difference between the guy selling the beanie babies and the woman "investing" in them. They both take a hit when it goes under but one has spent years milking the market for cash and the other has been burning it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sure but in one case you have a product that already exists that people are buying, in the other you have theoretical product development that might create products to sell.

I guess the difference between the guy selling the beanie babies and the woman "investing" in them. They both take a hit when it goes under but one has spent years milking the market for cash and the other has been burning it.
Fundamentals don't matter. Facts don't matter. The world runs on hopium, hypium, and feels. These are countered by animal spirits. Bears, sharks, and wolves lurk around every corner.

Hungry Comedy GIF by Cocaine Bear

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been starting to build my defense stocks positions. LHX, RTX and NOC so far. Baby bites followed by more baby bites. These are long term plays not flips.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think we all knew this was coming. DIS +2% so far today.

BRIEF-Disney, Charter End Carriage Dispute, Restoring Espn, Other Channels To 15 Million Spectrum Households -WSJ