Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My prediction is that the Fed doesn't even start to consider cutting rates until the summer.

It will almost certainly be politically-timed.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This INTC shares I bought at 25 are looking pretty good. The ones I bought at 47 not so much, but still!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I feel like the market should rally another 10% today and tomorrow and this wonderous news that the FED is done! At some point what that "means" may start to sink in but until Let's Roll
For the record, I wasn't caring about the dweebs personal comment to the Fed. It was the line from the WMT call discussing the forward looking months price hurdles.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I feel like the market should rally another 10% today and tomorrow and this wonderous news that the FED is done! At some point what that "means" may start to sink in but until Let's Roll

So, sell everything in two more weeks?

• 1Diamond Hands

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I sold the 20-yr Treasuries I bought last month. Pocketed 4.27% return for a 44 day hold. Annualized out to a 35% return. I am still holding on to my farm bonds.

• 2Tendies
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Six weeks until the end of the year. Need to not fade into the year end close. C'mon Santa rally.
The second account is a relatively small brokerage account so its easy to have outsized returns (both positive and negative).

1700155615009.png

Haus

<Silver Donator>
CSCO double beat but getting crushed on lowered earnings guidance.

The "double beat but lowering forward looking guidance" is a common thread for tech stocks right now.

Also the cost of money is causing billings totals to sag and lag, while revenue isn't falling. Which is kinda odd.

Between cost of money and inflation customers are becoming more weary of making large multi-year commitments which many tech companies live off of.
Add into this that when cost of money was around 0 it was easy to do a three year deal up front. Now customer are pushing for discounts on a 3 year frame, but being allowed to make yearly payments, as they can tuck away the cash which would have gone up front and earn 5% on it then pay next year and have interest in pocket.

It's mostly affecting how spend is happening, not whether or not it's happening.

Full disclosure : I work in sales in cysbersecurity.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold the rest of my GOOGL. I generally despise the company and swallowed my pride and bought it a ways back because it wasn't in FTEC and I didn't want to miss the exposure to it. Now that SPLG is my core I have exposure so I swept my profits on the rest of my position.

• 1Tendies

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Since Jan 6th, MSFT is up 75%. It has the potential to be up 100% by the end of the year. Prior to this week it had ripped off 9 straight green candles.

1700163474990.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Since Jan 6th, MSFT is up 75%. It has the potential to be up 100% by the end of the year. Prior to this week it had ripped off 9 straight green candles.

View attachment 500673
My position is up +50.81%. I keep fence-sitting on selling, but I honestly don't see how anyone competes with being able to integrate Copilot directly into M365. They won't always be able to charge $30 per-user-per-month like they are right now, but they'll probably be able to extract at least ~$15 in the long run, on top of their already high subscription costs.

Also, INTC is now green for me, this stonk is going bonkers.

• 2Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wouldn't surprise me. Been saying it for months now that the Fed is using shit data. And they've overdone and to the point we may get deflation.

Or maybe not. Who the fuck knows?
They're already trying to scare people into thinking that consumer prices becoming competitive again between retailers is the same thing as actual deflation.

We are already past the actual deflation. M2 supply has contracted, and the velocity of new debt issuance is happening slower due to higher rates.

Molten Core Raider
Also, INTC is now green for me, this stonk is going bonkers.
I sold what I had left of my INTC yesterday, so if my normal track record pans out, you should make a ton of money when it goes to the moon now!

Best of luck!

• 1Solidarity