Investing General Discussion

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Look old man he is saying that he just speedran as CEO. So in this case he started and finished being a CEO for OpenAI in record time due to whatever board decisions were going on. As he was CEO for like a day but I guess on paper it was actually for under an hour.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is that some zoomer code I dont understand?
Look old man he is saying that he just speedran as CEO. So in this case he started and finished being a CEO for OpenAI in record time due to whatever board decisions were going on. As he was CEO for like a day but I guess on paper it was actually for under an hour.
He completed being CEO for 55:32, in the any% completed category. Which is also a sly dig at the fact that he accomplished nothing during his speedrun aside from holding the company together long enough for the real CEO to come back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still going to diamond hands PLTR for the next few years.

Yep, I've still got an average cost of like 27. Nice to see it finally starting to fight its way all the way back up to my buy in point though.

• 2Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been a long time since anyone talked about metal, and this is kind of an odd question, but has anyone had any experience selling coins? I've got a small coin collection that I'm not really concerned about, but rather I have 179 pre-1965 quarters. That's a little over 32 ounces of silver. My question is, what can I expect to get for them? Surely not the full spot price, since a coin shop or something else would likely want to have a margin on top of the sale?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember when that lead cable thing was gonna destroy T and VZ back in July?

View attachment 501408

View attachment 501409
I was merely making commentary on the day. $T was my best day trade of the entire year, and my 2nd highest profit ticker of the year.

This is my top 10 winners YTD. Largest profit from top to bottom.

1700824014790.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Been a long time since anyone talked about metal, and this is kind of an odd question, but has anyone had any experience selling coins? I've got a small coin collection that I'm not really concerned about, but rather I have 179 pre-1965 quarters. That's a little over 32 ounces of silver. My question is, what can I expect to get for them? Surely not the full spot price, since a coin shop or something else would likely want to have a margin on top of the sale?

Facebook marketplace or other similar site will get you the most visibility and no fees or bs. Ebay will get them sold quickly and easily, for the sellers fee and the hassle of shipping it yourself. Gold/silver/coin shop will get you about 20x face value for constitutional (pre '65) silver all day, but keep in mind premiums have been dropping the last year or so.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
20x face value is more than silver is worth though?

That'd be $5 a quarter, whereas the silver value of one is just over $4.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
You're probably right as it's been a minute since I've sold any to a dealer. May be closer to 15, it'll vary as well. I know they were selling it for between 25-30x face in the last year.

e: I should add, 90% silver US coins do not necessarily track with the melt value. Recently it seems to be creeping closer to melt equivalent, but it kinda acts as a product in it's own right.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Inflation is a real bitch. Think about where your concept of a million dollars come from. Likely sometime between your early childhood years and early adulthood.

$1 million today is the same as (about):
$145k in 1973
$325k in 1983
$470k in 1993
$600k in 2003

Would you have called yourself rich in any of those eras with that amount of money?

I know I certainly live on significantly less money than most of the workers on this board. A million dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users