Invincible

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
4.83 star(s) Rating: 4.83/5 6 Votes
Title: Invincible

Genre: Animation, Action & Adventure, Drama

Cast: Steven Yeun, J.K. Simmons, Sandra Oh, Seth Rogen, Zazie Beetz, Mark Hamill, Zachary Quinto, Walton Goggins, Jason Mantzoukas, Sonequa Martin-Green, Lauren Cohan, Chad L. Coleman, Michael Cudlitz, Lennie James, Ross Marquand

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I loved this comic up until around issue 100. Lost interest around then, partially because his girlfriend that could (iirc) modify her body decided she wanted to be chubby. For reasons.

Was definitely insanely bloody and "realistic" in terms of what a supe could do to normal people. I loved it. It may have been great after I stopped reading too, but for whatever reason I lost interest. Maybe it was because I caught up with all the back issues and didn't care to wait around wondering when the next issue would release. Hopefully that was it, I can't really remember.

I have high hopes for this since it is animated, but with what they already did to The Boys in its second season...I'm worried. I really want it to be awesome, because the comic was as far as I read.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
This is out.

Thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes, of course they had to 'Go Woke' with Doc Seismic's diatribe in episode three.

Still worth a watch.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just finished first three episodes and wanted to add my endorsement for this. First episode starts out a bit slow and quite cliche, but the ending changes the tone a lot. Not being one of the big properties, seems like show is flying under the radar atm, hopefully it continues to be good and word of mouth gets more viewers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I loved this comic up until around issue 100. Lost interest around then, partially because his girlfriend that could (iirc) modify her body decided she wanted to be chubby. For reasons.

Was definitely insanely bloody and "realistic" in terms of what a supe could do to normal people. I loved it. It may have been great after I stopped reading too, but for whatever reason I lost interest. Maybe it was because I caught up with all the back issues and didn't care to wait around wondering when the next issue would release. Hopefully that was it, I can't really remember.

I have high hopes for this since it is animated, but with what they already did to The Boys in its second season...I'm worried. I really want it to be awesome, because the comic was as far as I read.
I will second that, this was awesome for a long time, and then it just lost the thread, I didn't think it was SJW reasons but its been a few years. For a long run it was a really, really great book, though.

I was excited to see they were making the show, and the art style looked very true to the Kirkman book. Whose to say what is going to not suck with entertainment in 2021, though, with Wokism infecting and ruining almost everything?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is out.

Thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes, of course they had to 'Go Woke' with Doc Seismic's diatribe in episode three.

Still worth a watch.

Blackwashing Amber and turning her into your stereotypical feminist BLM type seemed worse. At least they played Doc Seismic as a brain damaged joke.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
as a comic book reader this is the first time i'm hearing about an invincible series, talk about zero advertising

anyway, it's 10/10 for an American cartoon, rated X imo, don't let your kids watch, it's just like the comic

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
This show has a hell of a voice cast, which makes it extra weird that the, what, 40 year old Gillian Jacobs and Steven Yeun are playing teenagers.

And yeah, the pilot plays the long game before admitting that this is the tone of the comic. (The episode where they show what the Vilrumites were actually doing on the various planets will be extra amusing.) Assuming someone pointed out that Freddie Mercury's estate would sue them into the ground if they kept that part of the comic.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
This was really good. A bit of an indictment of amazon prime though, in that I would not have even known it existed without this thread - the homepage and recommendations is just a bunch of shit that I have already seen and random nonsense like australian football documentaries.

• 4Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Interestingly this is actually my #1 recommendation from Prime. Big banner on my FireTV homepage as well. I'll probably start watching it over the weekend at some point.

But the lack of advertising killing good shows is definitely a trend with Prime. First The Tick and then Truth Seekers. Fucking Bezos!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I liked the first 3 episodes but it’s jarring how bad the animation is. It’s like early 2000’s level cartoons with bad cgi.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I liked the first 3 episodes but it’s jarring how bad the animation is. It’s like early 2000’s level cartoons with bad cgi.
I never read the comic but heard nothing but good things. I was excited for the show until I saw how bad the animation was. Instant pass.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I never read the comic but heard nothing but good things. I was excited for the show until I saw how bad the animation was. Instant pass.
I thought it was intentional, like they were going for a 90s X-Men series style.

First episode was good, my wife was into it until the very end and she noped out, too much gore. So far, at least, looks like they nailed the comics.

• 4Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Its not the smoothest animation I've seen but I'd hardly call it 'garbage'. It's a far cry better than the 90s X-Men.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i re-skimmed the first 20ish issues, they didn't use the comics as a storyboard,

rather they took they took it all the issues and rejiggered them to make a co-hesive episode, 1 episode has like 10 separate issues in it

bit from here bit from there, it's really good actually that the cartoon is better at telling a story than the comic.

also, my gripe w/ the voice acting is gone, it's not that they suddenly got better, no, i'm using the jap audio, and it's great! now it's like watching a poorly animated anime.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database