Invincible

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I was a bit worried about the dust cloud fights in the last episode, but they were just saving their budget for this one.

I'm still fuzzy on how durable everyone is in this world, apparent humans can survive being crushed two feet into cement, yet civilians die instantaneously.

Brad2770

“This some bullshit.”

“It’s not a party for me either man.”

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Got a good chuckle out of the High School being VelJohnson High with principal Winslow and its Reginald VelJohnson doing the voice. Wonder if there's a story behind that or its just them being cheeky.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I felt like the animation quality dropped sharply after the team showed up near the end there. Before that it was just fine.

• 1Garbage

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I felt like the animation quality dropped sharply after the team showed up near the end there. Before that it was just fine.
Naw there was a couple moments where the animation felt... Not so great. One is in the beginning while omni-man is watching mark stop the asteroid and omni-man looks pretty terrible. But then the very next cut everything is fine again.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got distracted but wasn't omni man watching his son get almost killed?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think he was told not to intervene? That whole sequence was a big huh? Random villains that seem evenly matched except for super OP lion man who mops the floor with all of them no sweat.

I was a little tipsy when I watched the episode, might have to go back and watch it again.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I got distracted but wasn't omni man watching his son get almost killed?

Seems like he was the one who sent the Guardians in...But overall, I think he 1.) Understands Viltrimites can regenerate far more effectively than anyone realizes (Which I think the final scene was supposed to show). So even if Mark was fucked up to the point of seemingly dying according to human standards, he'd be fine. 2.) I think this was a way to manipulate things so his wife and Mark would stop questioning him.

If he understood Mark could bounce back from even being completely fucked, and he really wanted to drive it home that Mark and his wife need to NOT question him--it would certainly be an effective manipulation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Also, loved how Rock Dude at the end actually ended up still being a 'bad guy' (even if he's a more gray character). Show didn't shrink away from the idea that yes, good people can do bad things and yes, people who are victims CAN and will take advantage of you.

Pretty great--you don't see writing like that in a lot of modern TV for all the reasons we gripe about on here. Really like his character, hope we see a lot more rock-dude. Ending scene with him was totally fucking bad ass.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah I took it as him sitting there as a giant 'I told you not to get involved in that low level bullshit' and hope after that beating, Mark would listen to him. Also think he wanted to see the new Guardians get destroyed as well...in the third episode he was already giving the evil eye to the new team.

Oh, something I didn't notice until someone mentioned it, Machine Head's voice is auto tuned lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Yeah I took it as him sitting there as a giant 'I told you not to get involved in that low level bullshit' and hope after that beating, Mark would listen to him. Also think he wanted to see the new Guardians get destroyed as well...in the third episode he was already giving the evil eye to the new team.

Oh, something I didn't notice until someone mentioned it, Machine Head's voice is auto tuned lol.
So he was willing to let his son die?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
That was the point of the post-credits scene, Omni-Man thinks himself and Invincible are functionally unkillable. We also don't know if he was still hovering outside, he may have waiting to prevent any deathblows if the new Guardians couldn't cut it.

But getting the wife off his case may be relevant as well.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was thinking what Wombat mentioned, that he was hanging outside just in case things went too far. Battle Beast landed that massive mace attack, but then put up his weapon...maybe Omni Man knows he'll just beat the hell out of his enemies but won't straight execute them?

Homsar

I kept waiting for omni just to just murder them without breaking a sweat.

It seems he wants to see how powerfull his offspring with humans can be

Homsar

love the reality of OP superman punking everyone

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So he was willing to let his son die?
More like teach him a lesson, he could punch his son’s intestines out show it to him put them back in and say this hurts but you will heal...or let some one else do it and continue his manipulation.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How many episodes are out for this? I've only found 5, currently on 3 and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
This show has a lot of steam, hopefully they don't Go to shit. Every comic goes to shit second season
If it keeps closely following the comic which it has been. The first season was the best, second and third season are really great and then it's pretty good from there on out.
Before you go all whiney and say comics don't have seasons.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This show is so fucking good. Again, I know nothing about what is going to happen, never read the comics. When Omniman shows up and the wife is snooping and almost gets busted, my fucking pulse is racing, like real fear from watching a cartoon. Goddamn, so good...

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users