Invincible

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If it keeps closely following the comic which it has been. The first season was the best, second and third season are really great and then it's pretty good from there on out.
Before you go all whiney and say comics don't have seasons.
I meant comic to tv series. The boys, preacher ect all went to shit second season. Umbrella academy was pretty good I guess

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I meant comic to tv series. The boys, preacher ect all went to shit second season. Umbrella academy was pretty good I guess
wth?
dec54d6e124c72f64f56a1b631340d8f.png

this premise is stolen from the anime saint seiya

in the manga a rich businessman meets a dying saint holding a baby athena and said that other saints will be born into this world, so this rich businessman goes out and fathers 100 kids to test this out and to protect the world.

• 1WTF
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm going to steal it too.

It's going to be about a nerd ginger who takes over World of Warcraft TBC and finds a hidden quest to father an army of unstoppable gamers to destroy the dark portal, because it actually leads to earth.

I'll call it "100 fucks through time and space. 100 fucks, our saving grace"

Maybe I'll just start writing poetry instead.

• 1Worf

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
wth?
dec54d6e124c72f64f56a1b631340d8f.png

this premise is stolen from the anime saint seiya

in the manga a rich businessman meets a dying saint holding a baby athena and said that other saints will be born into this world, so this rich businessman goes out and fathers 100 kids to test this out and to protect the world.
yeah, i can't believe doom patrol and xmen ripped them off.

spronk

FPS noob
binged the current 5 episodes this week, not bad. Some of the characters are annoying and I don't really like Mark Grayson but maybe he has to be an idiot before he grows into a hero. At the end of the current episode I thought that was the entire season and it was a big wtf? moment but I guess its dropping weekly and 3 more episodes left for season 1, doh.

Crazy long episodes for an animated series, I like it.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so i know the overall story from the comics but i never read it...

i like zazie beets well enough, and i enjoyed amber in the beginning of the show... but i'm kinda tired of that relationship already. maybe it's just a personal issue i have with relationships in entertainment, but i'm just done with that kind of drama. some of it feels like amber is just sort of freaking out for no real reason... like, in this episode (spoilers or whatever, who cares) she gets super pissed at mark when he "went to get help." like they are actively going around helping all these bystanders out of the area of danger... the way they showed it, it would make perfect sense for one of them to not be there because they were carrying someone who was injured away.

but NOOOOOOOO amber is PISSED that mark wasn't... i don't know, not jumping in to fist fight the cyborg dude...

i don't know. just felt forced. THAT'S the only part of the show that irritates me. mark, i know you like this chick but either stand your ground and stop whining or let her break up with you.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

Got around to actually starting this. seeing people's new thoughts on this, without knowing where it goes is interesting.

It really makes me wonder what people will think, when they realize that
Eve gets fat.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Malakriss

Got around to actually starting this. seeing people's new thoughts on this, without knowing where it goes is interesting.

It really makes me wonder what people will think, when they realize that
Eve gets fat.
Wasn't there more controversial parts than that? I seem to recall..
That her first breakthrough moment where she can manipulate organic matter also makes her breasts get bigger. The fat part actually makes sense since it's tied to burning calories if she's not fighting and superpowering everything.

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Wasn't there more controversial parts than that? I seem to recall..
That her first breakthrough moment where she can manipulate organic matter also makes her breasts get bigger. The fat part actually makes sense since it's tied to burning calories if she's not fighting and superpowering everything.
WoG said that while she thought they did, they weren't actually noticeably bigger to anyone else.

• 1Garbage

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Was an ok-ish episode, felt like mostly filler with some plot setups/advancements sprinkled in. Seemed like early on was hinting towards Mark being rattled by what happened and having second thoughts about the whole super hero deal, but he jumped into action pretty quick. Maybe it will come up later, I imagine the last 2 episodes are gonna be pretty dense.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Why do the female actors on this show (and some male) have such terribly delivery? It's comically bad on a lot of lines, like high-school drama club.

Interesting show, but seriously wtf on the acting.

• 1Garbage

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Why do the female actors on this show (and some male) have such terribly delivery? It's comically bad on a lot of lines, like high-school drama club.

japanese voice acting is better

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
unless you have some specific examples, i can't think of any lines that stood out as comically bad.

that being said, a lot of the voices on this show seem to be done by actors who have little to no experience doing voice acting specifically. it is a very different art form that a lot of "live action" actors take for granted. there are a lot of veterans on this show but they seem to be relegated to side characters with just a few lines per episode tops, which is odd. Shrinking Rae for example is played by Grey Delisle-Griffen who is an absolute legend in the field. i think shrinking rae has had like 3 lines total in the entire show. it's just weird

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When

The hardest part of it is because it's highschool kid shit I don't care about... Marks so focused on teen pussy it can get annoying but realistic. How long has He even had powers now? Feels like maybe 1 month max? He got beat to death and was fine in 1 week correct?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Personally, I kind of wonder about that, I suspect a lot of it is unfamiliarity of nuance in language. I wonder what native Japanese speakers think on that topic.
try it out, they sound like they're part of the show instead of dubbing in a studio

Malakriss

I wonder how much voice actor work in the last year is actually done in the full studio and not some makeshift satellite site for covid liability. Watch some animated movie extras that show the process and they're in an open room at a podium and big name actors get fully into it and may even be facing and interacting with each other in shared scenes.

• 2Like

Cybsled

So is Omni's race basically Saiyans? Getting some strong Dragon Ball vibes, especially with Invincible getting huge power spikes when he gets angry.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So is Omni's race basically Saiyans? Getting some strong Dragon Ball vibes, especially with Invincible getting huge power spikes when he gets angry.
Strong as they need to be, just like Superman.

• 2Like