Invincible

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So is Omni's race basically Saiyans? Getting some strong Dragon Ball vibes, especially with Invincible getting huge power spikes when he gets angry.
yes.

Kryptonians, who also get stronger from anything that does not kill them outright.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wasn't sold initially, despite the end of the first episode. But boy the further you get in to Omniman the better it gets.

Also lol @ complaining about the animation:

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
So, is this the best media (TV/movie) to come out since Covid started?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This and Gangs of london have been my favorite since the covid stuff

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Really enjoyed this weeks, felt like a lot of payoffs for the entire season. Amber (the black GF) was kind of a dumb character for "knowing" all along but then again her NOT knowing is also dumb, guess its a wink and nod to viewers as to how dumb secret identities are ala Clark Kent.

Looking forward to the finale.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
This smelled like the payoff episode, next week will just be the infodump on what the Viltrumites have truly been up to, though it wouldn't surprise me if the final scene matches what happens when comic Mark finds out the truth.

• 3Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Holy mackerel I was totally in slackjaw mode for the last 10 minutes of that ep. This show delivers.

• 3Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
"Four hundred billion dollars for the world's most expensive nosebleed"

LOL.

Even Rex was firing on all cylinders this one, his reaction to why he was chosen was hilarious.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Really enjoyed this weeks, felt like a lot of payoffs for the entire season. Amber (the black GF) was kind of a dumb character for "knowing" all along but then again her NOT knowing is also dumb, guess its a wink and nod to viewers as to how dumb secret identities are ala Clark Kent.

Looking forward to the finale.

Her knowing was really stupid...She was clearly outraged at him "abandoning" her last episode and "running away". But if she knew, and was only upset about the lying, then those two things would not have been an issue. Very retarded.

But yeah, it was also dumb she didn't figure things out by the Mars episode, too. Her character arc is just shit. Luckily she's the only bad character so far.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Amber just seems to be a foil for Invincible. The character really doesn't seem to serve much purpose other than that.

• 4Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the usual superhero trope that we see in batman etc is that you have to eventually walk away from the ones you love as your existence puts them in danger and you can't protect them, so its refreshing this show doesn't ever really bring that up, but the way they handled it wasn't exactly amazing.

Amber makes no sense as a character, it woulda been way better if she freaked out and said she can't be with Mark because he's a freak or because people with superpowers get normal people killed without meaning to or something that makes him realize he is not ever going to have a normal life. That still hasn't clicked with him.

that again is one aspect where The Boys (season 1) does this spin a lot better, the look of fear that close characters have when they are alone with Homelander isn't matched here. Omni-Man's wife should be a lot, lot, lot more afraid.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Whole episode..

friday ice GIF

• 4Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wasn't sold initially, despite the end of the first episode. But boy the further you get in to Omniman the better it gets.

Also lol @ complaining about the animation:

i mean... theyre literally making everything from scratch, they're providing relevant animation from just words, theyre telling koreans(i'm 100% sure the studio is korean) to just make shit up but make it fit. (with direction from robert kirkman)

you only see the panel(not even a page, just a sliver) where he comes home, says he needs a shave and that he just overthrew a world, and thats it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just fast forward past the Amber parts, they have no value whatsoever to the overall plot.

• 6Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Jesus you guys are the fucking worst, or just watch a good fucking show with a few flaws.
It's okay. Some people like a woman who takes the time to cover up their flaws, some people want to feel those stretch marks. Nothing wrong with it at all. You do you, as amber would probably say if I didn't fast forward.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It's okay. Some people like a woman who takes the time to cover up their flaws, some people want to feel those stretch marks. Nothing wrong with it at all. You do you, as amber would probably say if I didn't fast forward.
The character started out annoying and ended up aggressively stupid. I don't remember feeling that way reading the comics but it has been a decade plus, so there's that. Mark's pity party also seemed super self-indulgent, which was probably more inline with the comics but on-screen it was annoying, too.

Series is great, though, and everything is on-point for the most part; nothing I notice long enough in the flow of the show to complain about. It's really like the comics come to life; they have captured the spirit pretty precisely. Cecil is great and exactly and I heard him in my head all those years ago.

• 3Like