Invincible

Caliane

They cut out his best friend alot.

The whole night flight joke..
5BwrseD5W9orcvvg_c4RFj9I_9u0ltm3dFwJEXVcQ20GXF9JJgbbcVLqlHur4OVNIEX78zeY6Fy9=s1600

Its a bit odd how fastly paced this is. They are cutting out A LOT of relationship stuff. Sideplots. Side characters. Side characters that are reoccurring and not really side characters. Foreshadowing, etc.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I do wonder if they'll even bother using that comic sidestory for Eve in the show. They've already shown her to be able to alter living things in the episode where she was making trees and crops grow
In this very episode TV Eve said she'd been with Rex for longer than she was with the Teen Titans, so at least middle school for thwm meeting up, with probably the same general storyline

Much like the Boys, the characters will have the same names and mostly looks, and the general* arcs will be the same, but there is no guarantee any details will match.

*Rudy wasn't really concerned about the morality of his actions.

Caliane

im a bit surprised they didnt keep Quinto for Robot in the new body.
I dunno if Jason is going to be able to do a good job with Robot going forward.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I dunno what happens in the comics and honestly do t care. If they keep the rollercoaster at this speed they can cut what they want IMO.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I do wonder if they'll even bother using that comic sidestory for Eve in the show. They've already shown her to be able to alter living things in the episode where she was making trees and crops grow
She could do that in the comic after a time as well, they're hurrying it along on the show.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was already meantion in the thread, don't know if it was spoilers. I might be way off and just had a really realistic dream but

there is only like 50 so of his race (villitimites or whatever) left and humans are the best to breed with or something like that IIR

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It was already meantion in the thread, don't know if it was spoilers. I might be way off and just had a really realistic dream but

there is only like 50 so of his race (villitimites or whatever) left and humans are the best to breed with or something like that IIR
the reason why is
human genes are nearly all recessive up against viltrumites so a halfsie like mark is pretty much full viltrumite

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre

This spoiler is itself probably not going to be revealed next episode, I recommend not reading it at this time. When it came up in the comic it was a pretty big surprise.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Garbage

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, you'd think SHE would be the strongest, and be able to take on pretty much any of the threats.

Yeah, at first I thought she was a pink green lantern (And that's where she feels power level wise)...But she is essentially Dr Manhattan. She should be able to shit all over Omni-man and anyone else for that matter unless they explain Viltrimite powers as more psionic in nature (But instinctively controlled, not consciously controlled).

I wish authors would put more thought in power sets instead of just hand waving their characters to be dumb about using them. (However, I really like Eve's character).

Also, I know about...

The mental block, but she's already overcome that--so it doesn't make sense. Would have been better just to say she can't affect living matter except at the moment of death.

that again is one aspect where The Boys (season 1) does this spin a lot better, the look of fear that close characters have when they are alone with Homelander isn't matched here. Omni-Man's wife should be a lot, lot, lot more afraid.

I like Debbi's character, far more reasonable than the ridiculous harpy cliche that most wives fall into when Hollywood wants a foil for the MC. The only problem with her is the gulf between how comfortable she is around him, with her lack of trust. It should really be one or the other.

1.) She trusts him enough to feel safe, and so believes he must have had a good reason to do what he did.

2.) She doesn't feel safe because she doesn't know the man (And obviously doesn't trust him).

However, this isn't that bad...can chalk it up to how quickly things are happening.

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Havent really liked the Rex Splode character, but the “Godamit Robot! Will please stop fucking me up?” Made me laugh out loud.

And not that I’m defending Amber’s character or whatever her name is, but her knowing and acting like she didnt and getting mad at the excuses isn’t unbelievable. I know I have caught my kid in a lie and gave him plenty of times to come clean before I finally called him on his shit. That’s how I took what she did. She knew. Wanted to feel like she was important enough for him to tell her and by the time he did, it was too late.

Yeah, others went over it but you're right, this is what they were going for--they just executed it really poorly. They didn't keep her asking about telling her the truth--instead she cited specific things she didn't need the answer to. It was just badly done.

The other frustrating thing though is his gay buddy calling him a terrible boyfriend, and Eve too...I wish one person in his life would have said "Hey...you were literally saving lives and the world, and almost died multiple times. She's a fucking asshole if she KNEW that and was still guilt tripping you over missing fucking dates." Like none of his friends had his back even when they knew--hate writing like that.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Yeah, at first I thought she was a pink green lantern (And that's where she feels power level wise)...But she is essentially Dr Manhattan. She should be able to shit all over Omni-man and anyone else for that matter unless they explain Viltrimite powers as more psionic in nature (But instinctively controlled, not consciously controlled).
That is in fact how Viltrumite powers were explained in-comic, more or less.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like