IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm looking into it. The facility is 20 minutes from my house and the tour they gave me really made me a bit impressed. They were not shy about using old tech like programming in Ada though.

Im tired of what I'm doing.
Nice. Raytheon is a good company, then again when I was supporting a staff office, of course they came in practically sucking our dicks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A lot of people here didnt suggest working there but talking with the managers and some programmers I liked what I heard. All moot if I get no offer I guess.

Vinen

God is dead
Going to assume Aegis developed is down there. It's a ship mounted missile defense and guidance system.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Acronyms, bane of my existence. I work on jobs for a well known aircraft manufcturer and a well known manufacturer of engines for aircraft and I swear I spend half the meetings trying to translate acronyms. The engine folks do have an acronym book (available public realm if youre realy bored) and its ridiculous, there are like 4 versions of FST, depending on context, and its about 8 pages long. Then other business units at the same firm have their own booklets with different acronyms!

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
On that note, is it really a job-seekers market for IT in the Dallas area? I mean, we're looking for entry level-3 yrs exp. Its not like we're seeking the diamond in the rough. I mean, yes, theres customer facing support involved but its very IT--SQL server, Win2k3-2k12R2, server installs, etc..But nobody fucking responds. They send resumes, and then never respond to emails/calls

Shit, if its this good for a job seeker I'm taking my 7 year experience ass elsewhere for 70k+ a year, instead of the mid level pay I've got right now.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have to fix and reprogram 700mhz radios for fucking garbage trucks tomorrow.

Municipal work sucks dick.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
On that note, is it really a job-seekers market for IT in the Dallas area? I mean, we're looking for entry level-3 yrs exp. Its not like we're seeking the diamond in the rough. I mean, yes, theres customer facing support involved but its very IT--SQL server, Win2k3-2k12R2, server installs, etc..But nobody fucking responds. They send resumes, and then never respond to emails/calls

Shit, if its this good for a job seeker I'm taking my 7 year experience ass elsewhere for 70k+ a year, instead of the mid level pay I've got right now.

Lots of cheap businesses are moving to Dallas area (read: Banks). Wouldn't shock me.

Last edited: