IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Just like lendarios is known as the dude that made his wife wait while he jerk ed off in the living room and Celestain makes 7 figures
I want to set the record straight on this matter. The apartment does not have two stories, somehow it got morphed into a two story apartment.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
According to the guy in the "Whats going on at Blizzard" thread us mid-level engineers clear 500k here easy so pretty soon I'm going to be in the Lendarios 7 figure club
Not anymore, all your games suck according to another guy in that thread. You will be receiving negative bonuses.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Except what I don't get is legion sold the most day 1 copies of any expansion and overwatch did insanely well lol.

I think my current work is written in Ada hahahaha

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Except what I don't get is legion sold the most day 1 copies of any expansion and overwatch did insanely well lol.

I think my current work is written in Ada hahahaha

The bonuses for the OW launch have already gone out. I will get in on the Legion bonuses, though.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
The job I interviewed for Wednesday came back last night (through the head hunter) with a BS offer, at the absolute bottom of the range the head hunter said was for the job; When I had told him what I would accept, which was slightly above mid range.

I replied that I had given my number to him, and would be happy to accept that.

Guess I'm finally growing some balls?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Im curious what % blizzard hands out on products for bonuses. If you aren't comfortable saying don't worry about it.

You get your bonus forecasted out. From what I understand from my manager they generally are a tad conservative so you get about 10% more on average than what you're told. However if a game does better than forecasted like Overwatch then there is more money to go around. Right now my profit share is 14% of my annual salary paid out in two 7% installments. Those bonuses are also based upon performance as well. It sounds like 14% is the minimum and rarely do people get less but often get more. But since I haven't gone through the cycles yet I honestly don't know how it'll work.

I doubt Legion is doing much better than forecast. I'm sure they knew it would sell as good or a bit better than WoD.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Awesome, that's good stuff.

Akamai was 10% based on company and personal performance (split in half), but this year's bonuses are 6 months behind because as I quote the ceo on this "they wanted to retain employees over the summer" .

I have profit sharing at raytheon but no one ever explained it to me so I have absolutely no clue what it looks like or how much people get.