IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm doing "CS for a day" at work tomorrow which means I get to learn the ins and outs of being a WoW GM. Should be fun. May ban Noodle.

Or you could give him free legendaries...

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
CS was really fun. Its amazing how many botters and flyhackers there are on the servers at any given time.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
CS was really fun. Its amazing how many botters and flyhackers there are on the servers at any given time.
Is the correct answer "lots" or "shit loads"?

Also CS is fun because you're doing it for a day then going back to your real job, not grinding it out down there forever while wanting to make games.

Tenks

Is the correct answer "lots" or "shit loads"?

Also CS is fun because you're doing it for a day then going back to your real job, not grinding it out down there forever while wanting to make games.

Yeah its funny someone got reported a bunch of time for flyhacking. While we were an invisible GM following him around another fly hacker just flew past us. Later in the day we just did a /who firelands and jumped in there and nearly everyone in firelands was dungeon botting.

Tenks

How many times did you get to crash your hammer?

Only twice. I did get to review a bunch of tickets of people complaining about their bans. We checked and verified "Yep. Dude should be banned." I think people would be surprised how informative and powerful the CS tools are for WoW it was quite impressive.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We got 2 legendaries last night and I'd like to think Tenks played a role in it so thank you

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Any of you guys work on side jobs? I was thinking of trying to find some side work for extra dough but man, looking through Craigslist gigs section is garbage. I think I live in a fantasy world where I'm going to find some mom and pop business I can bill for 10 hours a month or something.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I... I'm a little reluctant to talk about what I do or who I do it for, but I'll sketch out a summary.

I switched to working entirely from home about 6 years ago. Since I deleted my commute I was able to pick up a 20 hr/week 100% remote part time job working for a SF startup.

The key to picking up these side jobs isn't really skimming the gigs section. The absolute best way to do it is work somewhere and make your value known. After you make yourself a known value, you negotiate a change to part time through any means necessary. In my case I worked at this place for 6 months, in the office, as an early-stage employee. Then I quit (on really great terms) and kept in contact with the decision makers. They contacted me 18 months later and wanted me to do some contract work, and I turned that into a part time arrangement.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
How would you guys value an MCSA Windows Server 2012 and a CCNA Security?

I was able to go from a tech to sysadmin position by getting the 2012 mcsa. Of course places will value these things differently though, so ymmv.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm writing an xming guide for getting a Solaris desktop up on your laptop.

The guy showed me his desktop once and refuses to share the xmingrc file or anything so I'm just guessing.

He's been here like 90 years so you know he wrote that shit in like 1996