IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Not the software he made for the company. He does a lot of programs on his own, though.
if it is made during work hours, even if it is a D&D character generator, it belongs to the company.

Tell him to put his stuff in a github, so he can add it to the resume.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Signing up for community colleges. I can either go gaming/mobile gaming or software design/development

being able to make games is obviously a plus, but i sense that's a trap. and the skills learned from software design would be good enough to learn how to mod say XCOM 2

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Signing up for community colleges. I can either go gaming/mobile gaming or software design/development

being able to make games is obviously a plus, but i sense that's a trap. and the skills learned from software design would be good enough to learn how to mod say XCOM 2

Go software development, it is more broad.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Just noticed this thread title. BInary???
It is a type of data structure, a node with only 2 children, to the left you attach children values that are smaller than the node, to the right go those who are bigger than the node.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
If you think that needs a meeting with HR, just wait until you learn what we do with red-black ones.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
So, yesterday.

I end up in a meeting with my old boss, and the VP (who I now report to)..She says phase 2 of my transition into director needs to start happenin'....

Me and my old boss are like "teh fux?"

She then explains; I am to promote one of my team to manager, have them hire 2 more peeps, and have this new manager and my old boss (who is at manager level) report to me.

I am to run both teams.

OldBoss looks at me, and smiles. He's fucking happy about this. Shakes my hand and tells me to be a better advocate for his team than he could be. FUCK YAS IT'LL WORK OUT.

So, being over all customer facing IT for the company (main product line server support, and MSP services) now, I ask our network guy for our external facing network diagram.

Attached is what this motherfucker sent me.

Granted, the real one was also attached to the email.
NewNetworkVizio.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You don't use hashmaps?

I can't speak for all impls but I don't believe Java's hashmap uses a BST under the hood. It hashes the key (buckets) and if multiple items exist for that bucket it pops them into a linked list and then checks for the actual value via equality checks.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I can't speak for all impls but I don't believe Java's hashmap uses a BST under the hood. It hashes the key (buckets) and if multiple items exist for that bucket it pops them into a linked list and then checks for the actual value via equality checks.

The keys themselves are stored in a tree of some kind, right?