IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Ladro

Anomaly
Maybe try using the -exec flag with find?

find ./lgrep "kinkycoeds" -exec mv {} /storage/videos/birthday \;

edit: an example to run in your home dir to see how it works:
find . -exec ls -al {} \;

Yeah, built in find stuff is all you need. Make sure you're in the local directory you want to search, otherwise you can just specify the full path after find.

Find the files and make sure it's what you want:
Code:
find ./ -name *kinkycoeds* -exec ls -alh {} \;

Then make the move:
Code:
find ./ -name *kinkycoeds* -exec mv {} /storage/videos/birthday/ \;

agripa

Molten Core Raider
The PM in my company left and I was put in charge of one major project he was overseeing. I have to say managing people sucks balls. Skill atrophy is a real fear of mine, how does one stay relevant to the technology stack if they are no longer immersed in it daily from a engineering standpoint?

ex-genj

Golden Squire
:emoji_thinking: I'm confused. Assuming you're an engineer how were you "put in charge" of a project on the PM side? Tell them to pound sand.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've mentioned before I work in recruitment.

Been looking for an Information Security Architect in Pennsylvania, anyone know anyone that might be interested?
This for comcast/nbc? I had them contact me about it but never sent my resume off. It's their other large offices also, right?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This for comcast/nbc? I had them contact me about it but never sent my resume off. It's their other large offices also, right?

No, it's for a manufacturing client near Philadelphia. I had two candidates at interview but neither of them got through, so back to square 1.

Just no idea how to progress with anyone reading this without doxxing ourselves.

Salary is $110-120k base

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm doing this red team thing, pretty fun so far, so not looking to go back to the blue side.

Are you near Philly? This role is based 33 minutes / 35km NW of Philadelphia

Do you know anyone that might be interested?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Are you near Philly? This role is based 33 minutes / 35km NW of Philadelphia

Do you know anyone that might be interested?
I'm in DC, the only people I know either up Philly way or who would be willing to relocate would be shitty candidates, I think.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
My company is tossing around the idea of moving me to our Colorado office.

I am not opposed to this. Legal weed, motherfucker.

What is northern Colorado like (closish to Denver)?

I've lived in Texas my whole life, barely left the state.

• 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
i had a client that started on upwork, than transitioned into being paid by their seperate LLC. Everything was cool until they offered a pretty sick retainer.

I look over the paperwork, and its complete horseshit.

So I bullied them back into paying me through upwork.

Love this website so much

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My Dev Manager having never been a developer ever is beginning to really piss me off. Takes them 3 days to compile the thing because the framework is totally fucked and nothing is consistent.

This is my life right now:

2d9m04.jpg

Siliconemelons

My Dev Manager having never been a developer ever is beginning to really piss me off. Takes them 3 days to compile the thing because the framework is totally fucked and nothing is consistent.

This is my life right now:

2d9m04.jpg

There is this commercial that I cant find, its been in-front of the last few movies I have seen. It is in first person of a person going to a buncha interviews and getting rejected, then he goes back to school and reads "code" books - then applies and gets a job as an IT Project manager (as before he could not get project manager jobs) - and then he goes into a room of "programmers" all happy and clapping to have a new PM!

I am like "Yes, that's EXACTLY what a room of programmers want, a PM that only has superficial book knowledge"

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There is this commercial that I cant find, its been in-front of the last few movies I have seen. It is in first person of a person going to a buncha interviews and getting rejected, then he goes back to school and reads "code" books - then applies and gets a job as an IT Project manager (as before he could not get project manager jobs) - and then he goes into a room of "programmers" all happy and clapping to have a new PM!

I am like "Yes, that's EXACTLY what a room of programmers want, a PM that only has superficial book knowledge"

That literally made me groan out loud.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This guy starts almost every dev meeting with saying, "I am not technical."

• 1EyeRoll