IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Trying to search for and move a bunch of files into the proper folders but I am not super amazing with grep and regex.

find ./|grep "kinkycoeds" | xargs mv -t /storage/videos/birthday

It will find all the files I am looking for but it isn't moving them because it is trying to move the file name from the search string and not the entire file name.

install a GUI
Drag and drop.
Solved.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Trying to search for and move a bunch of files into the proper folders but I am not super amazing with grep and regex.

It will find all the files I am looking for but it isn't moving them because it is trying to move the file name from the search string and not the entire file name.

Maybe try using the -exec flag with find?

find ./lgrep "kinkycoeds" -exec mv {} /storage/videos/birthday \;

edit: an example to run in your home dir to see how it works:
find . -exec ls -al {} \;

Needless

Toe Sucker
Should be as easy as downloading Android studio and then downloading the SDK for whatever version you are targeting.

omg that was SO annoying, i had so many SDK version issues it took me like 2 days to get the shit running hahah

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If anyone's looking to break into the dev world and is in the Phoenix area (or is excited about relocating to the desert in the middle of the summer for some reason), we have some spots open. It's probably not your dream tech job, but we're willing to consider people who might have trouble elsewhere (self-taught, no direct experience, etc).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hate computers and phones and anything with a screen or blinkinglights or buttons im going to goliveinthewoodsfuckallthisshitburnitalldown

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
1528136938985.jpeg

Chris

Potato del Grande
What would you guys do starting a website from nothing re: webhosting?

Website is heavy on javascript, nothing much else.

I'm hoping for something free to start off with, any suggestions?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
What would you guys do starting a website from nothing re: webhosting?

Website is heavy on javascript, nothing much else.

I'm hoping for something free to start off with, any suggestions?

Are people going to visit this site or is this just for development purposes? If it's the latter, you can always run a free dyndns and host it from your home PC.

kudos

<Banned>
python -m http.server

Run that in whatever directory your site content is in to view locally.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are people going to visit this site or is this just for development purposes? If it's the latter, you can always run a free dyndns and host it from your home PC.
I want people to see it. Somone here was great and already lent me some online space to test it but I don't want to use his bandwidth for free - but I don't feel like I'm ready to pay too much for hosting.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Still looking for work as a developer. Pretty Entry level/Cusp of Junior Software Developer stuff. Been working for 8 months with a real small shop doing some web pages. Very slow shop, not busy, need something real. Willing to pay 5% of my pre-tax salary (65-70k ish salary) for the first year to anyone getting me a job hook up. I live in the Portland area, JavaScript/Java

Portland Tech Jobs | PortlandTech.org

Go to every single "careers" page. Youll have a job by the time you reach the end.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>

find .... | while read f; do mv "$f" /mypath/; done

Never ever use anything but while read with find. Otherwise files with spaces will fuck everything up.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If any programmer is looking for an IT job in Houston, lemme know. My boss is coming around to the fact that we desperately need more programmers.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Project I am working on has this dumbass Dev Manager (who has never been a developer just angled into the management position somehow) and is butt buddies with the Technical Lead (who is an idiot).

We're halfway through developing this year's release and the company upgraded to a newer version of Weblogic. It's a big project but like half the dev team can't get their modules to build with the new version. So here's the solution offered by the tech lead. Let's just move to Tomcat.... now that's being forced down our throats. But, you know, every single project here is almost exclusively on Weblogic or our private cloud setup.

I was able to fix my module for it but when pressed why I got some runaround answer that amounted to, "yeah we can't figure out how to make it work with new Weblogic." Rolled my eyes so hard I nearly passed out.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've mentioned before I work in recruitment.

Been looking for an Information Security Architect in Pennsylvania, anyone know anyone that might be interested?