IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone had experience with deploying/updating stored procedures and table structures using something like Chef/Puppet/Ansible etc? We'd need something that supports Oracle and MSSQL and ideally would allow us to delta's between versions.

I see lots of stuff that manually handles this with scripts, but it'd be great if there was some automated system that could pull from our repos and auto update.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Done. I start in August.
This is really exciting, man. I hope some day I can find a company to work for I actually care about. Work is always going to be work in some regard, but I think this sort of thing would certainly make it more rewarding.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah no kidding man. I don't even need the cool perks. Just some place I can go to everyday and not want to kill myself. I had it before, they just wouldn't promote me.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It should be exciting. Like I said this is a big change but now that I signed on the dotted line and committed I'm less freaked out. Now I'm just task oriented and trying to get everything in line for the move. I won't be working on the sexiest stuff nor even really consumer facing but it will be interesting work none the less. Occasionally the work will actually be a consumer product (the guys interviewing me were responsible for HotS dynamic bundle system and WoW token system) but by-in-large it is just "When you want to buy something it just works."

Vinen

God is dead
It should be exciting. Like I said this is a big change but now that I signed on the dotted line and committed I'm less freaked out. Now I'm just task oriented and trying to get everything in line for the move. I won't be working on the sexiest stuff nor even really consumer facing but it will be interesting work none the less. Occasionally the work will actually be a consumer product (the guys interviewing me were responsible for HotS dynamic bundle system and WoW token system) but by-in-large it is just "When you want to buy something it just works."
How was the relocation package?

And dude. You are working on the most critical part. I think people rage more at non-game systems then the actual game.

Tenks

How was the relocation package?

And dude. You are working on the most critical part. I think people rage more at non-game systems then the actual game.
Decent but nothing to go crazy about. Basically I'm just allowanced 10k to move out there and then given 30 days temp housing. They also pay the taxes on the money they give me since it's taxable income.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Tenks, just enjoy being the cock of the rerolled walk for a while. There's gonna be so many tuconots.

Tenks

I wouldn't post about your position in other parts of the forum haha
Heh wasn't planning on it. Once I start I may ask to simply be banned from the gaming sub-forums if that is possible.

Also the BlizzardCareers twitter is hilarious. They get so many people tweeting at them with no employable skills asking for a job.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm jealous bro I won't lie I looked at available patent counsel positions in OC. But I also know how the california bar exam is, and fuck that.

Tenks

The only thing I didn't care for about OC was the Vanguard levels of brown. Possibly I'm just used to spring/summer in Ohio where it is mostly green everywhere.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The only thing I didn't care for about OC was the Vanguard levels of brown. Possibly I'm just used to spring/summer in Ohio where it is mostly green everywhere.
Yea southern california is a desert, anything that isn't artificially watered will die. So it's mostly dirt and brown, except the yards/colleges/etc that are stupidly green because of all the sunshine.

Lots of rock yards and such due to the watering restrictions too.

Tenks

Yeah the grass on the Blizzard campus was an immaculate green. There were signs posted you couldn't bring your doggo on those lawns.

Tenks

Also I'm getting more information on relocation and they do set you up with a relocation company. That takes an enormous weight off my shoulders.