IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Siliconemelons

Were I am now is a google shop for email and stuff, and Apple for hardware… but they are starting to lean into Microsoft teams, I am happy and sad about this at the same time…. hard to explain why but lol

Vinen

God is dead
I want to try employment maxing like TJT TJT . I don’t know if I could do a full other job unless there was a lot of overlap and it was less intense than current job. What websites if any are you guys using for software engineer contract work or smaller jobs? I figure that may be a good place to dip my toes.

Employment Maxing is befriending an exec and becoming their goto. I am pretty confident at this point that if my VP leaves I will follow him to the next company.

• 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Employment Maxing is befriending an exec and becoming their goto. I am pretty confident at this point that if my VP leaves I will follow him to the next company.
I can't be a coat tail riding dicksucker. I am physically incapable of kissing ass enough to do it.

Though I do admit that it can be efficient and very beneficial if done correctly.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My manager got let go today. For a completely childish totally self-inflicted reason. I was kind of shocked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Well, we've all been told that we must report to the office. No more work from home. Even employees that are classified as "remote" are expected to go to whatever local office that might exist in your area. So, yeah, go into an office to work remote (since other team members obviously won't be there).

Rumor has it the CEO recently visited a site in person and apparently no one was there. Good job. Ruin it for everyone.

• 2Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Now I get to spend the next week auditing everything he could have touched or squirreled away.

Joy.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Currently at FAANG. Transitioning out later this year due to them being a Judas and RTOing me despite hiring me as virtual. It’s all good though, gonna ride it out and milk this cow till the end.

Debating on next move. There’s a lot of fat loot to be harvested. Plenty of top TC companies below have remote positions. I already have an in at another FAANG company but don’t think I could stomach working on their products. FAANG is kinda old and boring, lots of newer high TC players on the table like data bricks, stripe, snowflake, etc. However I’m tempted to try Microsoft. Seems pretty chill. The TC sucks relative to other options. I’ve heard some of their Xbox teams are actually pretty legit. Has anyone worked for MS before?

IMG_5309.jpeg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Currently at FAANG. Transitioning out later this year due to them being a Judas and RTOing me despite hiring me as virtual. It’s all good though, gonna ride it out and milk this cow till the end.

Debating on next move. There’s a lot of fat loot to be harvested. Plenty of top TC companies below have remote positions. I already have an in at another FAANG company but don’t think I could stomach working on their products. FAANG is kinda old and boring, lots of newer high TC players on the table like data bricks, stripe, snowflake, etc. However I’m tempted to try Microsoft. Seems pretty chill. The TC sucks relative to other options. I’ve heard some of their Xbox teams are actually pretty legit. Has anyone worked for MS before?

View attachment 510879
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Went to Dallas for a quarterly work event. This will be one of two times I am at the office there this year I think.

We have a lady who was a BI developer when I started there. Just a rank and file report builder. Cool enough to work with. But seems she is absolutely god tier at being socially liked and playing the office game. In 3 years she went from report maker to senior director and she will be a VP by next year 100%. She's only 31 years old. These kind of meteoric rises astound me. I really don't know how you can pull it off. By comparison all of the other senior directors have a decade or more in this specific industry (healthcare).

I don't really care because working with her org is fine. But she's assembling this band of "females in tech" coattail riders that are all useless. They'll be put into leadership positions as soon as she's able to get them there. I foresee this ending badly as the entire company (billion in revenue annually) is held together by a handful of 40-60 year old database guys with decades of experience in archaic healthcare technology and practices. Along with another handful of subject matter experts in the healthcare industry itself. The only other female VP is one of these people. Everyone else in the company works at facilitating the delivery of these things to our clients. Myself included.

I do kinda wish I had a bit of that social expertise. But I am far too antisocial and doing any of that sounds like a massive chore that would leave me completely exhausted. So whatever.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Went to Dallas for a quarterly work event. This will be one of two times I am at the office there this year I think.

We have a lady who was a BI developer when I started there. Just a rank and file report builder. Cool enough to work with. But seems she is absolutely god tier at being socially liked and playing the office game. In 3 years she went from report maker to senior director and she will be a VP by next year 100%. She's only 31 years old. These kind of meteoric rises astound me. I really don't know how you can pull it off. By comparison all of the other senior directors have a decade or more in this specific industry (healthcare).

I don't really care because working with her org is fine. But she's assembling this band of "females in tech" coattail riders that are all useless. They'll be put into leadership positions as soon as she's able to get them there. I foresee this ending badly as the entire company (billion in revenue annually) is held together by a handful of 40-60 year old database guys with decades of experience in archaic healthcare technology and practices. Along with another handful of subject matter experts in the healthcare industry itself. The only other female VP is one of these people. Everyone else in the company works at facilitating the delivery of these things to our clients. Myself included.

I do kinda wish I had a bit of that social expertise. But I am far too antisocial and doing any of that sounds like a massive chore that would leave me completely exhausted. So whatever.

Is social expertise a techworld slang for dicksucking?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

View attachment 510879

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Looks like you may be right. I am in discussions about it now. We'll see what happens.

I really hope you're in those discussions wearing earbuds blasting epic sax man and nodding your head. Because that is rad.

• 2Solidarity