Italy - Honeymoon

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
rome then florence

Florence was my favorite city of the ones I went to. Top tier museums. Get some dope ass pasta at Ristorante Il Profeta and enjoy all the cheap Florentine steak with the truffle oil. Europe is on major discount right now with Freedom Bucks kicking the euro's ass.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Florence was my favorite city of the ones I went to. Top tier museums. Get some dope ass pasta at Ristorante Il Profeta and enjoy all the cheap Florentine steak with the truffle oil. Europe is on major discount right now with Freedom Bucks kicking the euro's ass.
yea we managed to score tickets for 800ea, nearly direct flight and out change over happens while we're still in america too (i don't like changing planes internationally) i'll get all the vip skip the line tours for vatican and colleseum, i'm thinking thats all i want to do for rome and then head out to florence, i also want to fit in venice again, but we're also going w/ another couple, so that might complicate things, they want to goto shit milan for some reason

i was like
"bitch, thats where covid spread out from!"
(cuz they fly into milan)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
yea we managed to score tickets for 800ea, nearly direct flight and out change over happens while we're still in america too (i don't like changing planes internationally) i'll get all the vip skip the line tours for vatican and colleseum, i'm thinking thats all i want to do for rome and then head out to florence, i also want to fit in venice again, but we're also going w/ another couple, so that might complicate things, they want to goto shit milan for some reason

i was like
"bitch, thats where covid spread out from!"
(cuz they fly into milan)

I like Milan more than Venice but Venice is absolutely beautiful. Train makes going to either really easy. Italy's train system is very good. Cheap and fast.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I like Milan more than Venice but Venice is absolutely beautiful. Train makes going to either really easy. Italy's train system is very good. Cheap and fast.
yea do i have to d/l an app or just walk up to the counter and buy a ticket? haven't looked

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
yea do i have to d/l an app or just walk up to the counter and buy a ticket? haven't looked

No app needed even though they have one. It's pretty easy to do through their website or at the train stations. They have automated ticket stations everywhere.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
do they have some app for their buses or taxies or is it still mostly just cash?

Download itTaxi for taxis. It's like Uber/Lyft in any major city. You wait 4-5 minutes tops for a car. Works in every city. Even has filters for English-speaking taxis and those that accept card. But pretty much everything accepts card. Very few cash-only experiences there.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Download itTaxi for taxis. It's like Uber/Lyft in any major city. You wait 4-5 minutes tops for a car. Works in every city. Even has filters for English-speaking taxis and those that accept card. But pretty much everything accepts card. Very few cash-only experiences there.
cool, i seem to remember there being like taxi stands everywhere too

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
MY air bnb takes door lock to extreme
1226222001.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Probably a bit late for this, but if you're going to the Vatican, the Scavi tour is pretty cool - it's some of the archeological dig they've done underneath St Peter's Basilica including St Peter's tomb. The tickets get you into the Vatican Museum as well.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
did vatican again, saw sistine chapel again, kinda underwhelming the second time.