It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
there's no way he's actually leaving, they're just doing it to drum up the drama. everything he's done outside of this show has been awful.

Patton Oswalt and Glenn Howerton are starring in Seth Meyers’ new comedy pilot

Variety reports that Patton Oswalt and It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphias Glenn Howerton have signed on for a new NBC comedy pilot written by SNL’s Mike O’Brien, and executive produced by Seth Meyers and Lorne Michaels. AP Bio sounds a little like a reverse Breaking Bad, with Howerton playing a successful academic who retreats into teaching high school science as a way of getting back at his enemies. Oswalt will play the school principal, presumably offering up some mixture of angry and befuddled as Howerton’s character recruits his students for his evil schemes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Glenn Howerton might be done with It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia

“So… it’s a little complicated. I may seem a little bit evasive here, and I don’t mean to. It’s not entirely certain whether I am or am not. I might be. I might be, but I might not be. That really is the truth. Just to be clear, to dispel any potential weirdness, it has nothing to do with my relationship to anyone on the show or Rob or Charlie or anyone like that. It’s partially a creative and personal decision. We may be taking an extended hiatus between season 12 and season 13. So I’m certainly staying open to the possibility of doing more, but there is a possibility that I will not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sole

Molten Core Raider
“I want to service the show as best I can, and if we decide the best thing for the show is for Dennis to leave, or at least leave for a while for whatever reasons we come up with, then that’s what we’ll do. If we decide it really is best for the show for my character to come back in some capacity then that’s what we’ll do.”

There's some silver lining in there, and it could be interesting to see what they do with a season or half-season without Glenn. I think Rob and Charlie can carry the show easy enough, but yeah it sucks. Still good stuff when Dennis leaves for good, they just decide to blow up his Range Rover with a rocket launcher. Fucking lol.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Charlie has fucked the waitress, Mac is out of the closet, Dennis is turning into something of a human being, I think its time for the show to end. While that was not the greatest series finale, maybe they could catch up again in a TV movie or something in a few years or reunite together on Curb your Enthusiasm, which would unite the worlds of Curb, Seinfeld, and Sunny.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
this season was really uneven

3 decent episodes and the rest was meh.

might be finally time to call it quits.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
this season was really uneven

3 decent episodes and the rest was meh.

might be finally time to call it quits.
"The Gang Goes to the Water Park" and "Hero or Hate Crime?" were probably both top 5 of all time episodes.

I'm not sure what your 3rd is, but I thought "Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer" and "PTSDee" were at least solid. "The Gang Tends Bar" also wasn't terrible and had some good laughs.

But then looking at the last few seasons, that's about par for the course. In fact, I'd even say that the last few had even fewer good episodes.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
"The Gang Goes to the Water Park" and "Hero or Hate Crime?" were probably both top 5 of all time episodes.

I'm not sure what your 3rd is, but I thought "Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer" and "PTSDee" were at least solid. "The Gang Tends Bar" also wasn't terrible and had some good laughs.

But then looking at the last few seasons, that's about par for the course. In fact, I'd even say that the last few had even fewer good episodes.

water park, make dennis a murderer and wolf cola were decent

the rest just didnt hit

hero or hate crime was just a repackaged version of "the Gang Gets Analyzed" to focus on Mac and his coming out.

there were no top 5's this season.

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
h28c9yjbb6my.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i would be curious to see a season without Dennis, but if the show is even remotely close to the network chopping block then i understand why they didn't try it.

they're clever enough to write 10-episodes worth of "oh yeah, Dennis isn't here" gags and have it be funny the whole time tho.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think a year off is probably good. Imagine the crazy shit they can think of in that time off. I bet the season after this hiatus is amazing.