It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good shit. Hoping that's the last of Mindy because she was absolutely dragging the gang down.

Feels like it, unless she just becomes a side character - definitely doesn't seem to be enough there to be a main as-is. Rickety Cricket/Artemis-style occasional crossed paths may work though

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Season premiere was just o.k. Humor felt kind of forced to me and "fit" Mac is gonna take some getting used to. Also, pretty sure the guys are wearing more makeup than the women and it looks really really bad.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, i went in expecting something really terrible and it wasn't the worst but it just wasn't that funny. I actually didn't mind Mindy Kaling at all, she seemed the most normal and smart which was a nice little unexpected thing but she also barely was in the episode too. I was more invested and interested in her ideas getting executed than the stupid shit with the sex doll. I get the meta joke about Mac looking like a model for no reason at all but felt like they just didn't write it very well, which is really a summary of the whole episode.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Cant remember the last time i saw an Always Sunny episode this bad.

Mindy Kaling was a horrible casting

Why is Waitress calling Charlie. Did I miss an episode where they started to like each other and moved in together?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think the Waitress and Charlie being together thing was part of the whole "see how successful and better off the gang has gotten without Dennis around" shtick they were playing at. And how Dennis being around, if only in a sex doll form, was enough for them to break up and go back to their shitty individual lives, lol.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That or neither of you watched last season.

Also, Mindy was good casting. Her whole purpose was a Ted Mcginley type who randomly comes into a show in later season to replace a main character who leaves the show. Her being someone who's been on a lot of different shows works better than just a random person who nobody would know.

Wouldn't think an Always Sunny episode would be able to go completely over someone's head, but then there's Araysar Araysar

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
"women cant be quarterbacks" while chewing on a mouthful of gum. Frank is hilarious

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
That or neither of you watched last season.

Also, Mindy was good casting. Her whole purpose was a Ted Mcginley type who randomly comes into a show in later season to replace a main character who leaves the show. Her being someone who's been on a lot of different shows works better than just a random person who nobody would know.

Wouldn't think an Always Sunny episode would be able to go completely over someone's head, but then there's Araysar Araysar

there were at least 5 episodes last season that were good, and 5 more that were still better than whatever the fuck i watched 2 days ago.

id rather have actual ted mcginley do that bit, that at least would be funny. mindy kaling has all the comedic timing of bubonic plague.

mindy kaling was NEVER funny.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Second episode was much better. Dennis carried the episode, really goes to show how essential he is to the chemistry. Something about him saying "clever girl" had me rolling. Ending was really strange for Sunny though, was really expecting a punchline there but I guess Dee actually kind of won one for once.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
i'm a misogynist if i say that episode sucked right? apparently its the only one this season that won't have dennis though

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I thought it was decent and I kind of enjoyed the meta commentary they were going with there about female reboots.

The only problem for me was that I'm not really interested in Charlie and Mac's moms as characters.

• 1Solidarity

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Another miss for me. Had some funny moments but too early in the season for an all Dee episode, no less one that retreads an older episode. We have been waiting like 2 years for some new group hijinks, but so far it's mostly just blue balls.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You can tell this season the direction is different somehow. Just the angles and lighting. The whole tone seems off and it's really costing them. It sucks, this was the one show on TV that steadily got better every season from season 1. You can obviously it argue it fell off a bit the last season or so, but it was STEADILY climbing even up until season 10.

Also Charlie is the only person who doesn't look like he's heavily investing his success into his face.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This season sucks.

The last few seasons weren't great either, with the exception being last season. Last season fucking killed it. Water Park and Hero or Hate Crime were some of the best episodes of the entire show.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm starting to think all of you are making the mistake of watching this show sober.

I find it fucking hilarious.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
i thought this weeks was hilarious, it went along pretty well and then dennis went into psycho mode and it went from 7/10 to 11/10. everyone was hilarious interacting with each other, frank was hilarious but really so was everyone, even bird

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay, episode 4 was fucking hilarious. I think the best part is that there's a lot of truth in the Dennis speech about ugliness (attractive people can get away with harassment).

The whole 2nd half just crushed it.

The ending especially; Mac stands up and says, "Wow, I think we should clap for that" and then Dee at the very end when Dennis asks if they want margaritas by the pool, "Me too!" hey-o!

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
First 3 episodes were pretty bad. The Boggs knockoff episode was just horrible. The escape room wasnt that good, but the best out of first 3

spronk

FPS noob
holy shit that episode was incredible, maybe top 5 of the entire series. There is nothing not funny ever about adults beating up kids

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users