Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
4.33 star(s) Rating: 4.33/5 9 Votes
Title: Reacher

Genre: Action & Adventure, Mystery

First aired: 2022-02-03

Creator: Nick Santora

Cast: Alan Ritchson, Malcolm Goodwin, Willa Fitzgerald, Chris Webster, Bruce McGill, Maria Sten, Hugh Thompson

Overview: Jack Reacher was arrested for murder and now the police need his help. Based on the books by Lee Child.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

“Scorpion” creator Nick Santora will adapt Lee Child ‘s best-selling novels into a TV series for Amazon’s Prime Video platform which recently won the rights in a competitive bidding situation.

The project is in development with a script-to-series deal and Santora will serve as showrunner and adapt the books which have sold more than 100 million copies to date and follows a military veteran who lives a nomadic life as a freelance investigator and problem-solver.

Child, who penned the two dozen or so Reacher novels to date, told BBC Radio in November that he had just signed a deal to make a “Jack Reacher” TV series

faille

Molten Core Raider

I must admit that I enjoyed the movies, first more than the second, but I never read the books first.
Interesting they've switched to a tv series. hope that doesn't cheapen it too much, unless it's a season per book, which will be better.

• 3Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ehhh I am less interested after watching that trailer, discount John Cena is a poor choice.
Part of what he does is investigate, hard to be stealthy or blend in when you stand out so much.
IMO Reacher should be a bit more understated not a huge muscular dude.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Ehhh I am less interested after watching that trailer, discount John Cena is a poor choice.
Part of what he does is investigate, hard to be stealthy or blend in when you stand out so much.
The dude is huge in the books. Like 6' 6" and 265 lbs. That was one of the reasons people were complaining when they heard Tom Cruise got the role in the movies.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hes an entertaining actor and this is a pretty big bump for him. Ill give it a watch for that reason.

• 3Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
I think I agree. I'm still interested in seeing it but don't see the main guy as being a good choice. He might be a better match physically for the role, I think Tom Cruise did a good job of getting the character right. The quiet confidence no matter what situation he's on. This guy comes across as a just arrogant and cocky.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Only downside I see is Reacher in the books is autistic-mensa smart and I think Cena is going to have a tough time selling himself as dead pan all seeing all knowing genius.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think I agree. I'm still interested in seeing it but don't see the main guy as being a good choice. He might be a better match physically for the role, I think Tom Cruise did a good job of getting the character right. The quiet confidence no matter what situation he's on. This guy comes across as a just arrogant and cocky.
I've read some of the books and while Tom didn't fit the size at all I thought he did a great job for the reasons you mentioned.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

was watching a few youtubers talk about this. the movies didn't try to hide Tom's size which made a lot of action more impressive. while this dude is supposedly 6'2" but they are making him look like a giant.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
From the trailer looks like they are following the first book pretty close might give it a try to see if someone can do a decent adaptation, low hopes though

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Looks fun to watch, even has plenty of toxic masculinity! ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks and sounds like a boring, terribly generic action hero. Cruise had a very unique attitude in the movie that I assume was inspired by the Reacher from the books and made him a much more interesting character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thad from Blue Mountain State in another show? Sure.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
TV show information provided by The Movie Database