Japan

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
So we're leaving for Japan on Monday morning. I still don't know my exact schedule, except there's going to be a few days in Kyoto, a lot of days between Niigata and Yamagata, and a few days in Tokyo.

As far as Tokyo goes, it's just going to be my wife's brother and I. He lives in the outskirts of the city, so we're going to take the train into the city, spend a few days at a hotel, then train back to Niigata before I finally fly home to Philly.

Chysa, hit me up in this thread or send me an email at[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */
I'd love to grab a beer. My name's Jon, by the way.
All i see is gay buttsex in this post.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
You guys should be coming in September. Not only is the temperature much nicer, but Tokyo Game Show is on 20th of Sep.

Xarp, why settle for beer when you could have A5 Kuroge Wagyu beef?

26102013550_zpsfc9d5fb9.jpg

Of course they do ice cold beer as well.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys should be coming in September. Not only is the temperature much nicer, but Tokyo Game Show is on 20th of Sep.

Xarp, why settle for beer when you could have A5 Kuroge Wagyu beef?

26102013550_zpsfc9d5fb9.jpg

Of course they do ice cold beer as well.
I'll be in the area end of September but I have obligations I need to take care of.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, I'll be there in September. But we come home on the 19th, so that kills the Tokyo Game Show idea. Oh well.

And yeah, I'm totally down for whatever that beef is. I've never had it before, but it looks interesting enough. Is it just like a steak or something else entirely?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This can be yours for $1.5k. Ouch. I can't make out any yen prices on the picture you linked. I'm sure if it's one of those things where "if you have to ask, it's too much."

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I went to roppongi on a Sunday night many years ago. It was totally dead, gas panic included. Sad story. Then we met some British diplomat on the street and drank with him and he basically hussled the Nigerians into ultra cheap drinks all night at a hostess bar. Turned out to be a good night, but absent of Japanese sex

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
I went to roppongi on a Sunday night many years ago. It was totally dead, gas panic included. Sad story. Then we met some British diplomat on the street and drank with him and he basically hussled the Nigerians into ultra cheap drinks all night at a hostess bar. Turned out to be a good night, but absent of Japanese sex
what you trying to pick up easy japanese girls at gas panic? they like black people there bro.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
A couple white dudes I was with when I was there in 2013 got lucky. It appeared to be as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I really wanted to hit up Jiro this time, but I think I'm going to have to pass on it yet again due to the price. I should be able to swing it my next trip.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I really wanted to hit up Jiro this time, but I think I'm going to have to pass on it yet again due to the price. I should be able to swing it my next trip.
Jiro isn't worth it anyway. It's just famous because of the documentary. It doesn't even rate in the top 30 sushi restaurants in Tokyo, as voted by diners.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So what is considered better? I've heard of Jiro for years. Way before the docu was made. Anthony Bourdain used to talk about that place all the time.

I know of another place that's right next to the huge fish market in Tokyo. Supposed to be the freshest Sushi you can ever eat. The only down side is there's like a 2-3 hour waiting line every morning to get food.

Cybsled

I can say that Tripadvisor wasn't much help. It brought me to a few decent spots I guess, but kinda hard to taste the difference between them when everything tastes like fricking wasabi because they put it on everything. Fuck wasabi...real or the fake shit. I want to taste the fish, not some damned horseradish.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
That list is bogus. I've eaten at Jiro and some of the places on that list (and at Tsukiji). Jiros was still the best of the ones I went to. I don't recall the number, but I think I've been to about six of those. Still go to Jiro.

If you want expensive but not insane expensive wagyu (~250-300 USD), do Ukaitei in Ginza. Take a date, atmosphere is awesome.