Jedi Fallen Order (By Respawn Entertainment)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
already pre ordered from best buy i don't care i trust Respawn after Titanfall and APEX. I still have GCU and if you pre order at best buy you get $10 off, my price is gonna be $35+tax and it should easily trade in for $35-40 in the first 2 months so its a no brainer to pre order.

gonna be playing on xbox though, sounds like there are no multiplayer components or microtransactions so should be a decent SP game. Really kind of surprised EA is allowing it, all this DICE/Bioware shit must have them shook hard.

sigh

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
already pre ordered from best buy i don't care i trust Respawn after Titanfall and APEX. I still have GCU and if you pre order at best buy you get $10 off, my price is gonna be $35+tax and it should easily trade in for $35-40 in the first 2 months so its a no brainer to pre order.

gonna be playing on xbox though, sounds like there are no multiplayer components or microtransactions so should be a decent SP game. Really kind of surprised EA is allowing it, all this DICE/Bioware shit must have them shook hard.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

You’re the no brainer. 2019 and people are still falling for this after countless exemples of why you should not do it, and still try to justify their pre order move.

Gamers are hopeless. We deserve microtransactions so deep in our asses without lube.

And to think this forum usually regroup informed-educated gamers and even here people defend the preorder golden dildo.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Zero reason to order any of this shit or preorder. Ever. Much more so when it’s EA. Also, word is they took the failed RPG from visercal and made force unleashed 3 and handed it over to Respawn to hit a release date for the movie.

Don’t buy this shit. Especially when all you have to do is sub to origin premiere for 15 and drop the fucker after.

As an aside, no way I’ll ever be able to play this game and not think of the protagonist as a med hopped gay Jesus due to shameless.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
What’s on origin access that makes it worth the cost? Genuine question. I dismissed it when it first came out because I’m a steam snob, but my position is softening with everyone doing their own launcher these days.

I already pay for it annually just for Madden and tinkering with other sports titles. Everything else is a bonus. 180+ titles in the vault, the deluxe edition of all their releases, and a lesser subscription tier for people just wanting to sample.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah once they put Madden back on pc it was a no brainer for me because I like playing fifa also.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's going to be boring as shit if it's another unleashed game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Respawn has a fantastic track record, 100% optimistic for this.

I'll look forward to some reviews etc as to whether this is a day 1 purchase.

Titanfall 2 was a fantastic campaign which can be had for as little as $5. Cannot recommend it enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Respawn has a fantastic track record, 100% optimistic for this.

I'll look forward to some reviews etc as to whether this is a day 1 purchase.

Titanfall 2 was a fantastic campaign which can be had for as little as $5. Cannot recommend it enough.

I agree titanfall 2 did not have a huge campaign but it was really well done and fun and for as cheap as you can get it for these days it should be a no brainer for people to pick up.

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I agree titanfall 2 did not have a huge campaign but it was really well done and fun and for as cheap as you can get it for these days it should be a no brainer for people to pick up.
I got a free copy with my PS4 pro when I got it last year. Would you say the campaign is PG/PG13? I’ve got a 7 year old who’d love giant mechs

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
As an aside, no way I’ll ever be able to play this game and not think of the protagonist as a med hopped gay Jesus due to shameless.

I think this will make the game better!

We won't preorder, but it's going to be a ps4 purchase.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I think this will make the game better!

We won't preorder, but it's going to be a ps4 purchase.

I'll never be able to get that bathroom introduction scene from Shameless out of my head when looking at this dude.

Rental.

However, not to be all doom and gloom, they do have some GoW vets on this and leadership from that development core. So they * should * have the right people. And quite frankly, EA must be shitting their pants for 1) Letting them use Unreal 4. 2) Backtracking on their Multiplayer has to be attached to everything campaign.

Also, I do like Chris Avellone's writing and the game itself has been in development since 2015 technically.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I just think that Respawn went rogue. They knew that this was gonna be their last shot at making a game, so it might as well be a good one. My guess? Within two years after release, EA will shut down Respawn, no matter what they're working on.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
its more likely there are a bunch of people at respawn ready to go start their own new company and going out with a bang of a great game like this after the insider success of Titanfall 2 (but not $$ success) and the complete success of APEX ($$ and respect) means a third hot game would make them kings in an industry of the blind.

best buy GCU makes it a no brainer for consoles, if you have GCU. you pay $35+tax for the game, it trades in for $30 in the first 30 days. $5 rental is better than origin access. You usually even end up making money with trade promos. Only on console though, no one takes PC games in for trade.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got a free copy with my PS4 pro when I got it last year. Would you say the campaign is PG/PG13? I’ve got a 7 year old who’d love giant mechs

I don't recall it having any really salty languages probably pg ratings wise. If you are okay with them playing shooting games. Some of the later jumping puzzle parts get a bit tricky but the game has pretty good mercy check points where if you make it far enough after you die a few times it puts you on the other side of the jump. Some of the weird crazy stuff at the end was more than my old brain could handle jump wise so it worked out well.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone that pre-orders games these days needs to get the stupid slapped out of them.

giphy.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
We split our games digital between 2 consoles. This is the first game in a while that we've both wanted because it's single player.

APEX surprised the hell out of me. I hope these guys succeed.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Apex is fun. :)

Except last night. Because more than half my random team's were idiots. Ex: Down to 3 Squads, in the perfect perch spot and got Circle Lucky. Had the high ground, all we had to do was wait and start pounding from above. As I was waiting, some idiot teammate starts shooting randomly for no damn reason. Gave our position away and while I was able to take out 2 of the 3 in Squad 1, Squad 2 entered the fray and demolished everyone. There was a 5 minute lead up to that point and I even turned on my headset and yelled at the bastard to not give away our position...

Thank God I'll be playing with Gator Gator tonight.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Apex is fun. :)

Except last night. Because more than half my random team's were idiots. Ex: Down to 3 Squads, in the perfect perch spot and got Circle Lucky. Had the high ground, all we had to do was wait and start pounding from above. As I was waiting, some idiot teammate starts shooting randomly for no damn reason. Gave our position away and while I was able to take out 2 of the 3 in Squad 1, Squad 2 entered the fray and demolished everyone. There was a 5 minute lead up to that point and I even turned on my headset and yelled at the bastard to not give away our position...

Thank God I'll be playing with Gator Gator tonight.
You on PC only?

spronk

FPS noob
Anyone that pre-orders games these days needs to get the stupid slapped out of them.

Interestingly, Gamestop is rolling out a new program starting next week with Days Gone. If you buy a new copy of Days Gone you can trade in for $59.99 within 48 hours. So similar to steam/etc refund period, but a full 48 hours for an opened copy (you can always return an unopened copy, you have 7-30 days depending on store) although you have to eat the tax. You only get back store credit so a bit of a "gotcha" but still could be decent for "ehhh... I dunno" games like Days Gone, Control, etc.

Anyways for this game Origin has a full refund policy in place as well on PC for all first party games, you have 7 days from purchase or 24 hours from your first launch, whichever is first.

I also hate this stupid meme "DURRR ANYONE WHO PRE ORDERS IS STUPID". Not always. Sometimes there are DLC codes that only come with pre orders. I pre ordered Ace Combat 7 on ps4 which came with an exclusive code for Ace Combat 6, I sold that for $40 which basically paid for the game. Mortal Kombat 11 has some weird tin lunch box that only comes with pre orders. Best Buy GCU has a program where pre orders get an additional $10 off certain games (Star Wars is on the list) which is nice. Sekiro had a collectors edition that was only up for pre orders for a few days and sells for over $200 now. You just gotta be smart and weigh the pros and cons.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just preordered five copies that I might re-sale if they run out of pre-ordered copies.

jk based entirely on that trailer they're going the QTE-heavy jedi-light route and not the puzzle-shooter-holy-shit-i-feel-like-an-actual jedi Jedi Knight route. Even the story element seemed lame. You play some white male who is hiding from the empire? meh.

• 1Worf