Jedi Fallen Order (By Respawn Entertainment)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Trailer looked uninspiring, but I have complete faith in Respawn cleaning it up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Love how the guy complains about being to powerful when they clearly said it was later in the game and had built the character up already
tbh I would love to see their two best players dueling to win, it's a much better measure of how the combat is vs a guy trying to smoothly move through a level.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Titanfall 2 is legitimately one of the best campaigns this gen no played.

I'm glad Respawn gets to make something beyond Battle Royale cosmetics, though I suspect I'll play through it in an afternoon and forget it exists afterward. Titanfall 2 died off near instantly, and that had actual multiplayer.

• 1Solidarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
“Oh man, the gameplay trailer actually makes it look really cool,” said the 28-year-old Phoenix resident and woefully mistaken individual,

Haha.

• 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If this didn't have the Respawn team making it, I would have serious concerns. The gameplay videos make it look like a cheap Uncharted knock off. There is just something off about the graphics and animations. Wait and see, time will tell.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If this didn't have the Respawn team making it, I would have serious concerns. The gameplay videos make it look like a cheap Uncharted knock off. There is just something off about the graphics and animations. Wait and see, time will tell.

I miss Raven. They made the best Star Wars games.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So, apparently this is a totally different game than what we've seen in the trailers so far:

Once you're on a planet, the structure is quite similar to that of Dark Souls. You discover secret passages, unlock doors that allow easier backtracking, and explore interlocking sections of a pseudo-open area with scattered save points. You do it all while fighting varied enemies in the paths between.

The death, saving, and progression systems borrow from Souls as well. You accumulate XP (though in this case it converts to skill points, which you spend on an ability tree instead of base stats) as you defeat enemies. But dying, unfortunately, causes you to lose all the XP you gained since you overtook your last skill point.

When you reach a save point, you can sit at it to save your game or spend ability points. But to recover your health and refill your stims (basically health potions), you have to meditate. Meditate does those things, but it also respawns all the enemies in the area. In other words, it's a softened version of the Souls design.

On numerous occasions, I came out victorious in a battle but decided I had lost too much health to safely proceed without major risk of losing XP progress. So I backtracked to a save point to meditate and then tried to fight the enemies again, hopefully losing less health this time around. Sometimes I did this a half-dozen times on the same fight.

I was surprised at how challenging Fallen Order was. While it is certainly not as difficult as Bloodborne or Sekiro, it combines an unusually unforgiving saving and death system with combat that is rooted in difficult enemy patterns. Precise timings are also a thing. It was very clear to me during my three hours with the game that its designers explicitly sought out to soften some of the Soulslike genre's harshest inclinations while retaining the spirit of what some people like about those games. I wasn't expecting this because I imagined Disney and EA would try to make this game as broadly appealing as possible.

Also:

When you select a planet to travel to, your shipmates begin a conversation as the outside of the ship animates the jump to hyperspace. During the trip, your character participates in the conversation, and you can go to a workbench to customize your light saber in transit, among other things. The game is loading in the background, but you wouldn't know it. Next thing you know, you're walking out onto the planet surface.

So it appears to be a non-linear game if you're choosing planets to travel to.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So, apparently this is a totally different game than what we've seen in the trailers so far:

Also:

So it appears to be a non-linear game if you're choosing planets to travel to.

Can't say this enough - Titanfall 2 is criminally underappreciated and one of the better shooting campaigns ever made. This info, with a higher difficulty, and at least a level of, if even only psuedo "open-world" aspects, along with heavier RPG elements and Respawns track record probably put this in the "Day 1" category for me.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
That article certainly gives me much more hope for this game.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Any word if this is going to be on any game services/passes? Probably EA's Origin one I guess?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
EA and Origin Access members will get a 10% discount on purchasing the game and Origin Access Premier subscribers can play the deluxe edition of the game at launch.

Yup

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, will have a trial for EA Access (Xbox, PS4, Origin Basic on PC I think) and the deluxe edition included in Origin Premier (PC)

spronk

FPS noob
Hmm which system should I play this on, PC (Origin Access $15 and done?) ps4 pro or x

I wouldn't trust IGN with my garbage but their previewer seems pretty positive

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a much bigger, deeper game than we expected. While too much of the plot can’t be revealed (or uncovered in only three hours), “Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order” already stands out among “Star Wars” games. By rewarding exploration and thoughtfulness in combat, “Fallen Order” seems challenging without being inapproachable.

Easy Allies seem to like it too

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
JackFrags talks about it some too, looks pretty positive, def gonna be a pick up for me.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
this last week with these articles have gotten me pretty excited for this. definitely in for a month sub for it.