Jedi Fallen Order (By Respawn Entertainment)

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Everyone on twitch I viewed to see how the game plays is either completely awful or the game movement is clunky af.

Hurry up and review forum bros.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It looks pretty, seems there's some performance issue, load times look extremely long, it seems to play like Uncharted like exploration and bloodborne/soul combat.

I don't want to watch too much to spoil the story in case I decided to get it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I haven't watched any to not get spoilered. Which is why the embargo was till today, can believe that or not.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess it was released in Australia at midnight. Reports are, if you have a VPN service and EA Access pass thing, you can set the VPN and your local computer time to AUS equivalent, to play it now.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
From what I saw, not a ton since I don’t want to be spoiled, I like it. The platforming, puzzles, combat and story all seem decent and it Star Wars.

I’m still waiting for reviews though since it’s EA and I don’t trust them. The no review till release scares me too. If the reviews are good I’m in since the gameplay element are stuff I like. I’m especially curious about length.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Debating if I want to spend $60 at Best Buy tomorrow on this, if the combat is truly like SoulsBourne then that would be great but unfortunately From Software is doing what the fuck ever with Elden Ring.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Watched Fextralife play some of it. He had kind of mixed feelings. Some parts were good, some not (though that was "early" in the game, 5 hours in, not sure how long it is). Did not like his statement that "Imagine if you're playing Dark Souls, then you're doing a boss run, and you have to fight some enemies, do platforming and repeat puzzles for every run back".

Hopefully he just didn't find a shortcut or something, since in Souls games, if you have a long run to a boss, you can take that as you have missed a bonfire or shortcut.

Having to replay platforming / puzzle sections towards a boss sounds tedious. He was playing on the highest difficulty (4 settings) and regular enemies hit very hard. Every larger enemy I saw him fight two shot him even after having put skill points into health.

He said the story so far was very generic, but he stressed he was early in the game. Though, no idea how long it is.

Also, might not mean anything, but I watched ItmeJP and Cohh both supposedly waiting for codes, but then they didn't get any and had to wait for release. Don't think any streamer got early copies? No early copies to streamers + review embargo until release isn't exactly screaming confidence in the product.

Waiting for reviews before I buy it. Nothing I've seen so far in streams gave me a "must have this" moment. Though knowing myself, will probably buy it and try it when I get back from work tomorrow unless reviews come out by then trashing it.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, I was watching Fextralife too when he was still pretty early in and the pacing of the game seemed really fucked up. When I first tuned in he was having to repeat a trash group fight that some platforming came right after, and the pacing of that section was all over the place. Then he had a miniboss that he'd have to repeat the trash/platforming to get back to if he died. Then he had like a 20 minute puzzle section, followed by a bunch of stormtroopers.

The combat didn't look that great either.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Looks generic but with the Star Wars esthetic and lighting. None of the streamers seem "impressed" and sound kind of unimpressed as they play. Just the vibe I am getting thus far. Character animations look wonky too.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks clunky as shit. I have a feeling this will get shit in heavily when embargo lifts in a couple hours.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I feel blessed... returned from living overseas w/o a PC or any games really at the beginning of summer.. had a friend hardgrind on BF5.. decided instead of buying it and all of its DLCs.. damn well knowing i'd quit in 6 months; I'll just buy the premiere at pretty much the same price.. and here I am getting to play it on that same value. Still prob not worth, but played a bunch of other games too.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Ok did the tutorial and got to the first save point. This game is fucking amazing looking in 4k HDR. Sound is spot on and so far the game play has me intrigued. I'm actually fired up to learn some new skills just see my guy turn into a badass later. Stormtroopers are bitches lol.

• 1Seriously?