Jedi Fallen Order (By Respawn Entertainment)

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
A few reviewers are saying the game is a bit buggy, so may be worth waiting for them to patch it a time or two

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Also saying 10 hours game play with back tracking making it twenty?

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also saying 10 hours game play with back tracking making it twenty?

This is my biggest complaint... 60 bucks better be buying me a ton of time. The game world itself does not have to be huge, but there should be opportunity to enjoy it for way more than just 10 (+10) hours. This one of the main reasons I don't like story heavy games, because a 15 dollar movie or a 15 a month sub gets me the same amount of entertainment but much cheaper. I'd be more apt to buy and play these games if they were 30-35 bucks. If today's wowso bowso graphical bells and whistles make that impossible, then maybe not make each individual butt hair distinguishable on the main character to keep costs down?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Why do people keep saying $60?

Anyway, got to slice some things with a lightsaber and did some wall running. Opening sequence was great and game is beautiful. Looking forward to playing more later today.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Anyway, got to slice some things with a lightsaber and did some wall running. Opening sequence was great and game is beautiful. Looking forward to playing more later today.

Yeah easy to play for $14.99 just make sure to cancel after. Or rent via redbox or gamefly.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Where are you guys seeing 10 hours?

Gamespot and IGN took 22 and 20 hours and didn't do all the secrets. Eurogamer did 30 hours. It seems by no mean to be a long game though.

I mean a game like Uncharted 4 is like 15 hours, 25 or so as a completionist, and around 6 hours for speedrunners. Similar times for The Last of Us.

Not that I'm comparing the game to those two, but action/adventure games like these are never really that long.

I personally tend to be on the long time as my 160+ in AC:Odyssey, or 52 in Death Stranding and only in chapter 5 will attest. So if I get a 20-25 hours out of this I'll be happy.

It won't be for a while though since I need to finish Death Stranding first, and I'm far from done. :)

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, I had heard on some streams it was 10 hours actual content that is new, and 10 hours of backtracking through things you already did. So in essence, padded. I see your point however. I really do not mind 10 hour games anymore because I get tired of a game after a while - but if I have to spend 10 hours going back through the same things I already did, I hate that shit now. I didn't mind it in Metroid Prime, but even then it got aggrevating.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Some backtracking doesn't bother me especially if the gameplay is fun. Also, it seems you open shortcuts during your first time through, so it looks like it won't be redoing 100% of the stuff you did before. I'm hopeful anyways since I really want to like this.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is actually a "Souls like?"

I feel this is just attributing buzz words to Star wars action adventure?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My biggest complaint so far is the combat. I pretty much just spam X attacks because using force powers drains energy so much and hitting stuff gives so little back. There's some cool stuff, like triple parrying that asshole creature right off the ship on the second (purple) planet, and it was satisfying to kill the mini boss lizard thing on the first one. [Edit: Based on reddit posts I'm pretty sure now that I chose wrong and should have gone to the other planet first instead. Even if the difficulty is the same I believe the thing to fix bd1 is there. ]

I looked over a bunch of reviews this morning and the Arse Technica one seems most accurate to me based on what I've seen. They say the force power starvation thing never gets any better, which is going to be a deal breaker I think.

On the other hand I'm not seeing any of these technical issues or bugs others mentioned. Running it maxed out, except for motion blur, film grain, and chromatic aberration eye cancers off, and it's stable at 75 fps. Ultrawide seems good aside from pillar boxing during cutscenes. No fov slider but the default isn't bad.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is actually a "Souls like?"

I feel this is just attributing buzz words to Star wars action adventure?
In the sense that there's bonfires where you spend skill points, rest to get back estus charges and respawn enemies, recover your souls by running back to where you died, etc. ... yes. It's also pretty difficult on Jedi Master (second hardest), especially trash mobs which are more like nioh than souls.

There doesn't seem to be any loot though. Everything I've picked up has been cosmetic or 1/3 of a increase to hp or energy bar. The review I mentioned said that is all you get when you do the metroidvania style back tracking too which is another bad sign.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

Because I hate renting games. I can't explain why but I hate it. Tried Gamefly and legit the only shit that was ever available without a huge ass wait seemed to be shit already old as hell and in the bargain bin. Also I take my time on games so most of them go well past a month for me to play so I end up really paying closer to 45 for that game (not really applicable in this case though). And as far as subs goes... I really try avoiding subbing to a million different things. Because 15 bucks here and 15 bucks there adds up, and my senile ass always forgets to cancel. Like Hell I probably have a wow sub still active somewhere that I forgot about. I may buck that and try the EA sub because legit 15 bucks is a good price for a game like this, and I'll probably enjoy it that way.

And on the other about the length: That's why I put +10 in parentheses, because that's what I heard too was a ~20 hour game. That's still too short for my tastes at full price. I'm like you, I get my money's worth. I have 1k hours in Nioh, hundreds in Souls III and Bloodborne, and hundreds in Fallout 4. So I just kind of disregard games that tout anything less than 80 hours or so. IE Why Greedfall and Outer Worlds lost my interest as well. I just look for something completely different than many people when it comes to games.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Because I hate renting games. I can't explain why but I hate it. Tried Gamefly and legit the only shit that was ever available without a huge ass wait seemed to be shit already old as hell and in the bargain bin. Also I take my time on games so most of them go well past a month for me to play so I end up really paying closer to 45 for that game (not really applicable in this case though). And as far as subs goes... I really try avoiding subbing to a million different things. Because 15 bucks here and 15 bucks there adds up, and my senile ass always forgets to cancel. Like Hell I probably have a wow sub still active somewhere that I forgot about. I may buck that and try the EA sub because legit 15 bucks is a good price for a game like this, and I'll probably enjoy it that way.

And on the other about the length: That's why I put +10 in parentheses, because that's what I heard too was a ~20 hour game. That's still too short for my tastes at full price. I'm like you, I get my money's worth. I have 1k hours in Nioh, hundreds in Souls III and Bloodborne, and hundreds in Fallout 4. So I just kind of disregard games that tout anything less than 80 hours or so. IE Why Greedfall and Outer Worlds lost my interest as well. I just look for something completely different than many people when it comes to games.

I used to feel the same way about Gamefly. The trick is Q'ing up a game in advance (A monnth out for hotly anticpated titles) and then make sure you have a slot open to fill it. Jedi shipped on PS4 for me yesterday. Still probably won't have it until Monday but doing it this way always left me with the new releases almost immediately before they go to low availability. But yeah there are also times I just saw screw it and keep some games for far too long, and I paid 22.95 a month for 8 months for 2 games. I need to stop doing that :)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MC's running / walking animations are pretty bad, lol. And wtf is up with the eyes of Cere? How did they get into the game that way?

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got screwed by redbox one time. My kid wanted a game rented so I did. Forgot about it for a few and by the time I returned it they wanted like $60 for late fee shit. I never went back after this. Partly my fault of course, but fuck that noise. I should of just kept it at that point.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's mostly a Sekiro Lite, they tried to take the good parts (combat gameplay in Grand Master, secrets, platform and exploration).

There's "backtracking" as you get new powers and that wall you couldn't get through isn't so solid anymore, get access to parts of the map you couldn't before etc.

There's also no loot system, you get new powers and droid stuff mostly through story and secrets. Lockboxes only contain skins for you and your lightsaber.

I'm at the 4th planet and I like it so far, it's not awesome and I don't think it warrants a full price, I got it through Origin Premier so it's a solid 20-30h experience for €15.