Jedi Fallen Order (By Respawn Entertainment)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I'm just thirsty for a good SW game. Maybe I haven't played many 2019 games. Maybe this just touches on a perfect mix of my favorite game mechanics (parkour, exploration, metroidvania, puzzles, etc) but this game is easily my top 5 of the year and strong contender for GOTY for me. This was one of the few games in years where I was legit bummed when it ended and just wanted more.
We just gonna gloss over this dude that actually liked the game? Come on!

Grab the pitchforks! Let's git 'em!

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
We just gonna gloss over this dude that actually liked the game? Come on!

Grab the pitchforks! Let's git 'em!

I mean, it wasn't a BAD game.

If it tickles his pickle then I'm not going to fault him for it.

The game didn't fall flat on its face and it didn't insult my intelligence. If the game was insultingly bad then I would roast Stave. But it wasn't insulting bad. It was just sort of okay, imo.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finished it this week. Same thoughts as most of you. Game was ok. Star Wars atmosphere was good. Story was somewhat interesting. Combat was clunky and really showed it’s true (bad) colors when fighting multiple enemies at once. Exploration was pointless since chests only had cosmetics a vast majority of the time. No loot or armor drops with stats. Tons of backtracking which was tiresome. I pushed through just to see how the story ended. Overall it satisfied my need for more Star Wars after Mandalorian and RoS, but wasn’t a great game by any standard. Playtime was roughly 20-25 hours.

Crone

Fuck! Just got my 3rd month charge for ea premier because of this game! Subbed and immediately thought it'd be a good one to play on console with the wife. Never canceled...

spronk

FPS noob
game has sold over 8m copies and on track to sell 10m by march, beating expectations of 6-8m copies sold. hope this means EA is finally fucking realizing that not every game needs to be loaded up the ass with multiplayer, microtransactions, battle passes, and P2W

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

game has sold over 8m copies and on track to sell 10m by march, beating expectations of 6-8m copies sold. hope this means EA is finally fucking realizing that not every game needs to be loaded up the ass with multiplayer, microtransactions, battle passes, and P2W
And maybe after that they can work on actually making the games good.

spronk

FPS noob
This game got a patch this week on X/PS5 to do 60 fps, performance mode, etc. Haven't started it up yet, a pretty small like 2 gig (?) patch but i never 100%'d the game on xbox so seems like a good time

also Lucasfilm Games is back, they are going to be managing their IP but outsourcing actual games to someone other than EA. Ubisoft is one, Bethesda also is apparently developing a Star Wars game

wonder who gets the Mandalorian one

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

After Ubi's track record in 2020, the only studio of theirs I'd want to see make a Star Wars game is Ubi Quebec. WDL and ACV were both shit and flies are still buzzing around the giant shit that Massive took on Division 2 and never cleaned up, but Fenix Rising was actually a great game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Rumor is that EA tried to make a case for continuing their exclusive relationship but the mouse house was displeased with their ability to deliver actual game content and elected to open the floodgates.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
60FPS?
Enchanced for the SX?
Star Wars?
Gamepass ?

Whelp, time for a second play through.

I actually like UBI games, especially when you can "rent them" for $20 a month via UBI+

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for bumping this thread. I had forgotten about this game and after remembering it I'm disappointed all over that there will never be another good Jedi Knight game.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Jedi Outcast was great for combat and clans - However this game was by far and away a good adventure.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rumor is that EA tried to make a case for continuing their exclusive relationship but the mouse house was displeased with their ability to deliver actual game content and elected to open the floodgates.
Good fuck em

battlefront 2 turned into a great game only because the mouse was mad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users