Jerle Committed Suicide Today

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
How many doctors would chop off your dick tomorrow if you went into their office and said you want them to do it?
I almost find that hard to believe in a capitalist society.
Exactly, so these people arent waiting to chop their penises off because of their own will. Im sure a lot of them would chop their penis off if a doctor would do it no questions asked.
I think there would be no doctor in the US that would do it quick like that because it is a capitalist society and the slam dunk lawsuit that would be a week later would almost make it worth it to find a doctor to chop my penis off.

That doctor and his practice and his hospital would go down for millions just a week later when I "changed my mind".

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure if you want it done legit you have to go through a fuck ton of psych evaluations for years just to make sure you're not batshit crazy.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
so what do you think about people who want to saw their limbs off? you literally don't think there's any disorder or brain defection that could make people do crazy shit that should be treated as a mental disorder?
Same could be said for people who get boatloads of piercings and/or tattoos, split their tongues, gauge their ears to the size of Mike Tysons fist, etc... Guess we should start telling all those people they're mentally defect and get them on some treatment programs.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It should at least be offered. They shouldn't be compelled. That shit is weird.

Of course they do it to be different, not to fit in. Many of them validate their weird shit with the derision they receive. I don't think most trannies are going into it to take more heat.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
in some ways they are, they reject their natural selves, there's definitely grey area's like chinese foot binding, or those woman in africa that stretch their necks with rings, you can say and it has been argued that society encouraged those people to deform themselves, but there's a difference between external and internal motivation to do such things and that's where it becomes grey. Almost certainly though you can say that mutilation isn't fit for mass society, but then again male circumcision is considered fine but female circumcision is considered the worst thing ever. In the cases of circumcision there's a relevant link because in a lot of cases children are involved who aren't in other area's considered mentally competent to make such decisions and/or are considered highly suggestable.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Same could be said for people who get boatloads of piercings and/or tattoos, split their tongues, gauge their ears to the size of Mike Tysons fist, etc... Guess we should start telling all those people they're mentally defect and get them on some treatment programs.
As much as I think people are stupid as fuck for gauging their ears, theres a night and day difference between putting golf ball sized holes in your earlobes and chopping your dick off and thinking youre a woman.
I think there would be no doctor in the US that would do it quick like that because it is a capitalist society and the slam dunk lawsuit that would be a week later would almost make it worth it to find a doctor to chop my penis off.

That doctor and his practice and his hospital would go down for millions just a week later when I "changed my mind".
Thats the point. The only reason why those crazies arent chopping their dicks and tits off at the drop off a hat is the ethical/legal redtape;
That's generally not a way that mental disorders present themselves. If someone was manic and went and had some horrific disfiguring surgery done while manic, then clearly didn't want that done once they stopped being manic, then that would be a disorder. But that doesn't really happen, because people don't carry out these surgeries on the spur of the moment generally. The worst you're going to get during a bout of mania is a dick piercing or something.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ok then how about this. Are the plethora of people who constantly get plastic surgery mentally ill? Breast implants? It's a mental illness to turn your penis into a vag but you're doing society a favor by going from A or B cups to DDD cups, ya? It's not a mental illness to get tummy tucks/liposuction/lap bands/gastro-bipass surgery either, right? How about collagen/botox injections all up in your face cause you don't want to look 40 when you're 40 or 60 when you're 60, you want to be 24 forever. Those aren't mental illnesses or should they be?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
lap bands could be said for health reasons, breast implants? maybe to compensate for hysterectomies, but to get calf implants and butt implants for non medical reasons? I do think there's a form of mental illness at play there, people addicted to plastic surgery do seem to show some kind psychological problem.

doctors get around the hippocratic oath to do no harm for those patients because it boosts "self esteem" but that seems like a grey area.

aren't there some feminists that critique plastic surgery as a kind of oppression of self confidence?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Wanting to appear more attractive is rationally associated with wanting to reproduce.

I'm not against the concept that some people identify as the other gender and want to be treated that way, but I suspect many aren't having operations and/or claiming to be the other gender for the wrong reason or are expecting a dramatically different result from what does happen after doing it.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
ITT: a bunch of people who know nothing about gender identity disorder having opinions and saying dumb shit.

Standard of care for GID is a thorough and ongoing psychological assessment followed by I believe at least I think 2 year of hormones and living "as" the desired gender. Only then is surgery even considered.

Yea, it's weird. But so was being gay in the '50s. Just because it feels weird that something happens that you dont understand or can relate to doesn't mean it's wrong. If that's the way you reach conclusions, you have no right to criticize people of a generation older than you for discriminating against gays. You are the same as them

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not against the concept that some people identify as the other gender and want to be treated that way, but I suspect many aren't having operations and/or claiming to be the other gender for the wrong reason or are expecting a dramatically different result from what does happen after doing it.
How fucking stupid are you to look like Jerle and think transitioning will be a slam dunk success story? He even said it himself he wasn't happy about it and couldn't look in the mirror. Maybe he should have looked in the mirror before and understood that this shit would create more problems, not less. Its like there was this concept that transitioning would make him adjusted and happy because his outside would match his inside, but when you are a six foot seven monster man with a Jay Leno jaw you should be able to predict that trying to look like a woman will just make you look like a freak. Its not just having a penis in this case, his height, hair and bone structure fucked him. IDK WTF the answer was for him, but it wasn't this half assed attempt at fixing it.

I've said before back on the FoH threads, trans may be a real actual problem, but this sexual reassignment shit is barbaric and crude. Pumping a biological male full of hormones and mutilating their penis doesn't make them a woman. It just doesn't work. Some people are just born with a body that can be come passable much easier. That doesn't make this process realistic and humane. That's the part that's disgusting to me. I can deal with people being different. I'm tolerant. I don't care if you are heavily tatted/body modded. But offering this butchering as a solution to people's psycho social problems is fucking criminal IMO.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_15740.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm pretty sure if you want it done legit you have to go through a fuck ton of psych evaluations for years just to make sure you're not batshit crazy.
From everything I understand on the situation, yea - talking something like 5 years or something ridiculous like that. Although I wouldn't be shocked if it varied from state to state.

And it's a sad situation - Jait, you remember if he was ever in the PVP EQ2 thing we were in - told the wife about him and keep trying to think why I'm pretty sure she knew him at least slightly at some point. And EQ2 Mistwalkers or an offshoot like EQ2 PVP keeps coming to mind.

I do think it's the wrong answer no matter what, I do get overcome with stuff and debate suicide occasionally when I've had some extra tough times and still can never justify it even on my worst days (with which my health stuff are pretty damn dark at times) - I really can't imagine there was a solution for Jerle that wouldn't have been much more rational.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are their supers btw Erronius? Noticed the super gauges at the bottom of the screen.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The sad and chilling thing is the joy and anticipation over the change he was going to face by killing himself. If only he'd been able to channel that in a direction that had kept him alive and away from literal dead end.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
not even 200 posts. his soul wont rest until its at least 500+

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here's my thing, I truly don't care what you want to do whether it be inject estrogen and lop your dick off or whatever. The thing is,I don't careand THAT is something a lot of these new SJW protected classes cannot stand. It's not enough that you're like 'whatever, your life', they wantlove and acceptanceas something they are not. They don't just want to pass as a woman with questionable features while walking in a mall, they want adoration, self-respect, relationships and kinship and that shit will never happen because for better or worse, they aren't women. That stuff starts with their own personality and mental troubles though, it really has nothing to do with their 'wrong gender' problem. I feel a lot of this 'trans acceptance' BS is that they can't get public affection for their new non-gender. Like they need a parade and shit and their male best friend should date them now. While I'm sure there are hateful people about transgender, how is this different from every other type of hate or adversity you get every day?
When the long discussion thread was in full swing with Glaive, Jerle and company, this is the sticking point I always hit with them. It wasn't enough to say, "You can do what you want, it's you're life. As long as everyone is a willing participant, it's cool." They wanted approval. Like, "It's great you've chose to live as the opposite gender and are into electro-shocking yourself for sexual pleasure. That's totally cool and normal." At which point they always lost me.

Regardless of our different views and consistent disagreement, I do feel bad for Jerle. It sounds like life got truly awful. RIP.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Regardless of the situation this is sad news, depression really sucks. RIP Jerle.