JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars movie

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
He did a good job on the Star Trek franchise so im not freaking out yet. Just be thankful Micheal Bay isnt doing it.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I found a leaked still:
rrr_img_10539.jpg

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I dont get the lense flare hate. It never hindered my enjoyment of any scene.

Maybe im just the target audience. PEW PEW OHH LOOK SHINEY PEW PEW!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Eh, I really enjoyed what he did with the Star Trek movie he did so I'm okay with this, hopefully he'll do a good job.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah that'd be retarded, but I doubt it. Time travel was already a pretty established part of the Star Trek universe, so it was hardly a huge stretch.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He can't be worse than George Lucas, and Star Trek (2009) was awesome.

Special effects these days are so good, that it is a given. Especially with a Disney budget. The story, I am going to keep my expectations extremely low... like Phantom Menace levels of low. More than anything, I hope they nail the characters in the new movie. Get their dialogue right, make us care about them, and not have to cringe every time someone delivers a line. Abrams work with Chris Pine and Zach Quinto on Star Trek makes me really hopeful.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yea, time travel is okay in star trek, jj abrams wasnt the one that opened that can of shit.

JJ abrams will be great for this. The guy has a good mind for setting scenes and showing emotion in them. I mean watch the first few minutes of the 2009 strek movie. If that is A FUCKING +++4+ movie making, I don't know what is. Sure that scene was written by someone else, but there's no doubt that he was the one that brought it to life. Do you think George lucas would of brought the scene to life in the same way? I didn't fucking think so. Get a good writer with him, and I think this will be a slam dunk of a movie.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Well there is going to be time travel, just because it's been what 20odd years or so SINCE the "6th" movie.

luke leia han chewie etc are all OLD now.

time to have their kids take over..Han and Leia's that is
smile.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If I were an exec and disney i'd totally let leak that we got justin bieber to play luke's kid. A couple days of unimaginable nerd rage.