JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars movie

Jait

Molten Core Raider
No. I've watched literally every episode of star trek the original series and Next Generation. JJ abrams did an amazing job with the material and it fucking FELT like a star trek movie. Your opinion is wrong.
x2 but I'll go a step further. I hated Abrams for making me watch that piece of shit Lost. Hated him more for that scam of taking 4 retards and a hand held camera to film a no budget monster flick he called Cloverfield. And there's no bigger fan of TOS on this site than Jait T Kirk, and I really went into the theatre hating Abrams and what he was going to do to Star Trek.

Walked out a convert. He can do no wrong in my opinion, except everything before Star Trek.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought Star Trek was great. Cloverfield was horrible, I will give him a pass on that for trying to be a bit different I guess but it was bad. Lost was great in the beginning and then just kinda wandered around and ended too late.

If he can give us some interesting characters in Star Wars the way he made Kirk and even Spock fun to watch in ST, I think SW can be great again. Action is action, even the prequels had better action than the original 3 episodes, didnt matter much. Nobody even in the same reality as Han Solo in the prequels and the rest of the people were as boring and unlikable as they could possibly make them.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I'm actually kind of excited about this, not the biggest Star Wars fan in the world but this could actually turn out to be a decent scifi/action film.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
JJ's trek movie was better than any of the ST:TNG movies. Sure you loved the TV series but when's the last time you recommended theatrical TNG to a friend? Until they make another show, there's nothing to complain about.

Some lens flare can add to the atmosphere of a film.

The amount Abrahms uses distracts from the film and lessens it's impact imo. It would be nice to be able to see the bridge of the enterprise without it being out of focus because of lens flare.

I mean look at this shit. You can't say this isn't over done. Most of the film has flare all over the place. At some point I just want to see the stage and the actors instead of trying to focus through lighting effects.

2z9b8gi.jpg

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh definitely. A few of his cinematography choices made me go "yeah ok wtf." but for feeling like a Star Trek "The Future is AWESOME!" about the movie? Knocked out of the park. You couldn't have lied to me about Z. Quinto or Eomer being Bones and I would have negged you. After watching? Yeah they nailed it completely and I can't wait for the sequel. JJ is probably the best director to take the helm of SW at the moment given recent accomplishments. Unless for some reason Prometheus is a modern classic nowadays or something.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
I found a leaked still:
rrr_img_10539.jpg
saw an interview he did he told the person "...starburst effect makes the movie more real.." or something to that effect. I fucking hated it so much.
it was so dumb you couldn't see shit in inside the main cabin star burst here there every-fucking-where

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe abrams is like vincent vangogh and sees starbursts in real life and figures they need to be in his movies?

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
If lens flare is the biggest complaint about the next Star Wars installment I'll be ok with that.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If lens flare is the biggest complaint about the next Star Wars installment I'll be ok with that.
For serious... I'm excited to see what someone who isn't Lucas can do with the franchise. I just hope the force and lightsabers are back to rare, misunderstood and badass instead of the retarded super-space-police version from the prequels.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Considering the previous information that Leia and Han are both on board for a sequel, I would imagine that Jedi would still be super rare in episodes 7-9. I think what the prequels tried to do was harness the idea that they weren't quite so rare at one point. I mean Jedi pretty much breed like rabbits in the KOTOR games, and those are 4k years prior to Vader killing children. It's just that at the specific point during the original trilogy that Luke and Yoda are the last "known" jedi floating around. Adds to the epicness.

I wonder if they could release dvd versions of Abrahms movies without lens flare.

More dvd sales can't hurt and I'm sure there would be people out there who would go for the gimmick (or in this case ungimmick).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Iys not actual lens flare. That was obviously added in post production. So yeah if enough butthurt people demanded it they could release a non sparkly version

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
QFT. How about some good actors and a good story? The new Star Wars movies should have been amazing and they sucked. The potential for Star Wars is unlimited. I trust Abrams a lot more than most, although a lot of it depends on the story they decide on.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I trust Abrams a lot more than most, although a lot of it depends on the story they decide on.
It also depends on how effectively they limit Lucas's "advisory" role. Hopefully they'll just give the man some nice producer digs, a small staff, a studio liaison, then fucking ignore everything that comes out of his pie hole.

It also depends on how effectively they limit Lucas's "advisory" role. Hopefully they'll just give the man some nice producer digs, a small staff, a studio liaison, then fucking ignore everything that comes out of his pie hole.
^this, he is a control freak tho. I hope Disney's contract with him is pretty iron-clad about limiting his input.

Hope they look for some unknown people to star like EP4. Actors coming with a lot of previous baggage like Sam L. and McGregor are too distracting and pull you out of the story.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hope they look for some unknown people to star like EP4. Actors coming with a lot of previous baggage like Sam L. and McGregor are too distracting and pull you out of the story.
Ewan McGregor came with a lot of baggage before Episode I?http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000191/Try harder, bro.

They did cast unknowns for the most part.

Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor were not well known at all. Same goes for both actors that played Anakin. Even Darth Maul was just a martial arts stunt guy.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Ewan McGregor came with a lot of baggage before Episode I?http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000191/Try harder, bro.

Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor were not well known at all. Same goes for both actors that played Anakin. Even Darth Maul was just a martial arts stunt guy.
this may be the dumbest thing ever put on the internet. liam neeson wasn't well known before the prequels? are you fucking serious? ever hear of a movie called "schindler's list"? it only won like 7 academy awards, including best picture and neeson was nominated for best actor. natalie portman and ewan mcgregor were also very well known and accomplished actors well before the star wars prequels were released. go be stupid somewhere else.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
No. I've watched literally every episode of star trek the original series and Next Generation. JJ abrams did an amazing job with the material and it fucking FELT like a star trek movie. Your opinion is wrong.
go watch star trek 2: the wrath of khan and then watch j.j. abrams relaunch and you tell me which one is a classic and which one is shit. just because all the other star trek movies were horrible doesn't mean that this one was good. it was just slightly better than a bunch of other ones that were crap. there is literally not one redeeming quality of his version of star trek unless you like movies with horrible plots that make zero sense and a bunch of thrown together for no reason action scenes. but you probably think that "avatar" and "fast and furious 5" were great movies too, and that's abrams' target audience so it doesn't surprise me that so many people would like it.

Sorry to hear your parents basement didn't have basic cable bro. The rest of the world saw the huge hits Trainspotting, the Professional and Darkman, 10 years before Ep1. You missed out on some good career defining flicks. Maybe you can stream em on NetFlix and catch up.