JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars movie

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
star wars has already been ruined by the prequels. you cant possibly fucking make the franchise worse. and you cant make them better because the prequels will still have existed. good luck with that JJ abrams. i hope he does well.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good to know I'm not the only one that was bothered by that in Star Trek. Made the movie unwatchable for me. Fuck it. IT SUCKED.
Here is the official poster.

rrr_img_10772.jpg

Tea_sl

shitlord
Ehh, I liked Abrams choice of excessive lens flare in the first film to convey the fundamental optimism of the Star Trek universe.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I distracts me from literally every single scene in the movie. Every. Single. One. He even said in a quote somewhere that he felt he went way overboard. A little is cool, but that movie was a case of too much of a good thing.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I think JJ has the raw talent and the vision to make this movie kick all kinds of ass, lens flare or no. My main worry is the level of studio and even Lucasonian interference, creative consultant title be damned. However, I think JJ has a big enough dick from his previous ventures to withstand most of that. I'm hopeful. One might even go so far as to say I have a new hope.

Sorry.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I don't think I have met a single person (trekkie and non-trekkie) that didn't enjoy Star Trek (at least from a movie perspective).

I'm not one to use RT as a source but it holds a 95% critics and more importantly a 91% from the public. If nothing else the general opinion is positive. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think that JJ has the credentials to get a shot at this opportunity.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
j.j. abrams and his ilk=simple movies for simple minds. put in a lot of CGI and explosions and average joe brain dead is entertained.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
No. I've watched literally every episode of star trek the original series and Next Generation. JJ abrams did an amazing job with the material and it fucking FELT like a star trek movie. Your opinion is wrong.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was a huge fan of the original series and with exception of spock, everything else felt like star trek the cast and story was just fine. Some of you have bad fucking memories. Because the original star trek movies are literally miss hit miss hit miss hit