JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars movie

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like theyre trying to tug on those nostalgia strings to cover up shitty movies.
Lucas did it once, and most of that was his (now ex-)wife's editing. ESB was all Kershner, and RotJ started the rot which (hopefully) ended with the prequels.
Hah was talking about the prequals.

iannis

Musty Nester
Maybe Williams can re-score Rite of Spring this time.

Holst is good, but I wanna hear those reeds man.

I think Williams has introduced a lot of people to Holst over the years -- and made a fucking mint doing it. That's to his credit.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i just read an article that fisher is reprising her role as princess leia, also there is an editors note that george lucas officially confirmed that both ford and hamill are also reprising their roles.

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
Undead Jabba?
Beware Lucas the Hutt!

IMG_0112.JPG

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is just amazing to me how wrong and out of touch with his own universe Lucas was and always has been. I know, that is an oxymoron in every sense of the word, but he even got his own core characters completely wrong.

For instance, I heard a Mark Hamill interview the other day. He says that Lucas hated Anthony Daniels and was furious with him because he was playing 3PO like a clumsy butler, instead of his vision of a used-car salesman. It was the support of the other actors for Daniel's and his vision that won through and made it onto the screen.

Lucas is just a guy with a wild imagination, that fancied himself a writer/director when he was not. Thank god he turned everything over to Disney. If only it had happened 20 years ago...

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Star Wars A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back is largely thanks to Gary Kurtz. The man developed the entire concept of the Force as it was presented in those films. Lucas's wife along with Kurtz rewrote the script for A New Hope. Lucas's original script was a pastiche of Kurosawa films and some spaghetti western styling's.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe i went paranoic but didnt a blaster shot in Into Darkness (jungle chasing scene) sound like a star wars blaster being fired? Same with a door opening on the enterprise sounding like a star wars hangar door unlocking? Granted this was only in the 5 minutes into the movie, but i think he made kinda "sound-cameo" here.