JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars movie

Binkles_sl

shitlord
That sounds horrible. This franchise is surely more ruined than ever.
Frankly, Jar Jarr Binks, Hayden Christensen, and the writing/direction set the bar so low in the prequels that the new Star Wars movie would likely approach average. That is, guessing blindly, one would expect an average product.

Oldbased

> Than U
I would have preferred every 2 years to make them a bit better quality but whatever. Every year is entirely doable from the acting/filming and even editing/special effects. But yearly is not enough for writing and scripting imo.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
if Johnny Depp is in Star Wars, then I may have to stop watching film for the rest of my life.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
im embarrassed to say i bought rebel assault 1 and 2 and monkey island and still have them on my desk, even though i dont think ive played them more than a few times since they came out.
tongue.png
Why be embarrassed by Monkey Island? Shit was awesome.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtH0PzYdNAtLskiJEBqem4p0AWtr-hkBUd8Xq8286GHE0yOX0v.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Looking forward to spinoffs more than main movies.

Great Jedi Purge? Yes plox.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
They're doing more than one movie a year with Marvel, so it's doable. Granted, Iron Man 2 got pushed out of the oven too quick.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
sequels suck 99.5 times out of 100. why would anyone expect anything different here? this is just a total cash grab, and because the younger generation will pay to watch just about anything hollywood shits out, this doesn't surprise me. i hope george lucas burns in hell. absolutely zero integrity from about 1990 on.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
JJ Abrams has a pretty solid track record. I think he's going to take this very seriously.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's impossible to be a cash grab when you just dropped several billions buying everything. You need to make a good product so you can turn a profit.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
It's impossible to be a cash grab when you just dropped several billions buying everything. You need to make a good product so you can turn a profit.
I suppose it depends on the definition of "good product." A turd could be a good product if marketed well and, inexplicably, 18-25 year olds buy it. Value is relative and no object possesses intrinsic value. Transformers, Da Vinci Code, Twilight, etc. did not make a lot of money because they were, subjectively, good movies. The whole machine behind them helped create the illusion of them being good products and they raked in the cash. That said, I would be surprised if the sequels were not average, if not above average, in general quality. It's not as if the originals were masterpieces without aid of rose-tinted glasses.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's not like they can make one shit movie and sit backand recoup. They need to make several good movies, especially after the prequels, just to make their money back.