Job Hunting

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Its sad because that shit is the norm. Expediency is the exception.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh lol. Offered job on the spot. No offer a week later. Classy.

I applied to several Dell jobs in Austin. Never even got a rejection response. Plenty of guys from GM get jobs there though.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Screenshotted>
It was pretty annoying considered they offered me the job at the interview... A week ago
Seems like it's the recruiters responsibility to get the offer in your hands?

Ya that's annoying as hell. If the above is the case I'm not surprised. I finally met one recruiter who is legit. The rest are just pants on head.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
Oh lol. Offered job on the spot. No offer a week later. Classy.

I applied to several Dell jobs in Austin. Never even got a rejection response. Plenty of guys from GM get jobs there though.
Ya reading this over that's even more frustrating since they offered you on the spot Noodleface Noodleface . Can you follow up with someone else?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The only people I am in contact with are the recruiter and some "Candidate Experience Team Member" which is a hilarious title given the situation. That person just responded with a canned response. If I don't hear anything Monday I'll push it up the chain.

I actually interviewed for my old job (albeit a much higher rank) and they asked when I could start and said they'd get the offer out. Last Wednesday...

But yeah I'm pretty pissed about it. I'm picking up a LOT of work at my job and I feel bad because it's gonna get dropped all half assed on someone. If I could tell them I got two weeks I could burn down on it.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
The only people I am in contact with are the recruiter and some "Candidate Experience Team Member" which is a hilarious title given the situation. That person just responded with a canned response. If I don't hear anything Monday I'll push it up the chain.

I actually interviewed for my old job (albeit a much higher rank) and they asked when I could start and said they'd get the offer out. Last Wednesday...

But yeah I'm pretty pissed about it. I'm picking up a LOT of work at my job and I feel bad because it's gonna get dropped all half assed on someone. If I could tell them I got two weeks I could burn down on it.
Man I hate to say it but you gotta do what's best for you. If that shit gets dropped on someone it happens. No one is going to look out for you and what's best for you, only you are.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure I am going to just quit this job and take the other one. Kind of feel like a dick to do it but I told them that this role wasn't the optimal position I was looking for. Pay is the same, commute is basically the same. Company size is approximately the same. The one I started has 3000 employees this place has 1000 employees.

Funnily enough both are partly owned by the same venture capitalist firm.

I may feel like shit for it. But it is very much the kind of career pivot I was hoping for.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yep offer in hand boys. Man I'm going to feel like shit for doing this. It's actually a really cool company. But I can't overlook that opportunity.

Fuck.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's nuts but you'd probably always regret not taking the job. At least I know I would.

Recruiter got back and said they'd ping the hiring manager. This is getting lame.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's nuts but you'd probably always regret not taking the job. At least I know I would.

Recruiter got back and said they'd ping the hiring manager. This is getting lame.

At the end of the day its this:
  1. Lead Performance Engineers doing what I've been doing for several years. But with some cool new technologies and practices. This place does make GM look like its working in the Stone Age when it comes to tech practices.
    1. I mean I like doing this and all but I just don't see where it leads in another 5-10 years.
  2. Get in on the ground floor for a data engineering team for a SaaS performance monitoring platform.
    1. First person they're taking on for this role.
    2. Pivot to data field/analytics like I want. This is a more understandable career path to me.
    3. They wanted me because I have extensive experience in the space their platform occupies as a user while also a lot of experience fixing structural data issues across a department. This is an effort to minimize adhoc data analysis and standardize data and ingestion into a much more scalable system.
I guess its a no brainer now that I wrote all of this out... This phase is kind of going to feel like shit but I will regret not taking such a unique opportunity to my experience.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Literally after I posted that the big boss of firmware emailed me the offer was incoming. Guess we'll see

Wonder if he's here...

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Manager was out all day today and not online. Going to have to see about calling him on Saturday. I don't like that but... Guess I don't like much about this particular situation.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Screenshotted>
Got my first offer. From a big N company. Told them I needed two weeks tho. Have a promising 3rd round interview with a startup in Austin and then another big N company in the coming two weeks!

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got my first offer. From a big N company. Told them I needed two weeks tho. Have a promising 3rd round interview with a startup in Austin and then another big N company in the coming two weeks!

Want to kick it in Austin dog? Pm me.

• 1Like