Job Hunting

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
One of the perks of my wife having an English degree is free proof-reading on EVERYTHING

The downsides of course is the degree is essentially useless otherwise. Although she's pursuing a writing career on the side, so I have high hopes.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Id be happy if she published anything to be honest.

Even an Eric and Al-seed romance novel

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Id be happy if she published anything to be honest.

Even an Eric and Al-seed romance novel
ALCIDE .. it is ALCIDE

GOD DAMN IT

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We have some bros here who are successful self-published authors. Nebuchadnezzar's King Henry Tapes are absolutely amazing. If you like high quality urban fantasy anyway! I recommend them to everyone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
i never watched a single episode, the spelling is triggering.
Are you saying this with a tear in your eye as you're crumpling your ALCIDE poster?

They accepted my counter offer. 126k. Moving up boys

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Vinen

God is dead
Are you saying this with a tear in your eye as you're crumpling your ALCIDE poster?

They accepted my counter offer. 126k. Moving up boys

Congrats. Whats your target bonus? Any mention of yearly RSUs based on performance?

taebin

Same trailer, different park
8% I'm sure. All I6-I8 are 8%, and don't think he is M. I just accepted an M2 position and it's still 8%. M3/I9 is where it goes to 15%

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Like I said in the other tech thread, you just missed the 140% modifier. Was a welcome surprise.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Like I said in the other tech thread, you just missed the 140% modifier. Was a welcome surprise.
Oh I know, my friend rubbed it in

The weird part now is I need to wait to give my notice (start April 29). I think dell is probably going to confirm with Raytheon that I work there so not sure how it'll go.

I'm worried about being walked out but maybe they won't because it isn't a competitor

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Onboarded for the new job today. They're sending me a whole mess of swag... weird.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What were the GM perks? You said they were pretty good, I think

GM perks were the ridiculous benefits package. Yearly bonus was strong (up to 20% I usually got 10-15), 40+ days off a year, slow ass business pace so it wasn't really demanding. If you were a level 8 (manager or higher) you get a free car you change out every quarter. You don't even pay for gas. 8% 401k Match.. that's the major stuff anyway. If you were hired straight out of University you got the 3 year 3-7% raise every 6 month for that 3 year period. The downside is its monolithic nature makes it almost impossible to move up short of sucking dick. There is basically no other way to advance from within. The vast majority just go work somewhere else for a few years then come back in the job they wanted to move up to while they still know a lot of people in the organization. It's really stupid.

New job I get more in direct salary but they're giving company stock with a potential IPO in lieu of bonuses. Which is fine by me, 401k match is 3% but that also isn't that huge to me as this is going to be a huge work experience for me. Which I am looking forward to a lot. This place is HQ'd in Santa Barbara so they have a lot of California style policies. Flip flops encouraged (awesome), unlimited PTO with a 15 day minimum as opposed to maximum, pay for education and stuff like that. Also Yoga and personal trainers available lol.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Onboarded for the new job today. They're sending me a whole mess of swag... weird.
Sounds like a startup. Every startup gotta have swag. Gotta make sure employees drinking that koolaid while they spend 16 hours a day denormalizing inverted binary trees written in HTML.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like a startup. Every startup gotta have swag. Gotta make sure employees drinking that koolaid while they spend 16 hours a day denormalizing inverted binary trees written in HTML.

I don't know where the line between startup and not startup ends/begins.