John Wick: Chapter 3 (2019)

Sterling

El Presidente
For every good Bourne scene with shaky cam you have travesties like basically the entire Transformer's franchise.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
come on dawg, we all know what we're getting into when we want to watch JW3, cuz JW2 had fucking bullet proof dress shirt plot armor.

I'm sure we all just want good believable action that won't make us vomit, faciliated by fucking NEO!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Shaky cam can be great in the right circumstance. When a scene is chaotic and frenetic it does a great job of showing that. It also does a great job of seperating good cinematographers and bad ones.
Unless it's some gimmicky first person view or there's a goddamn earthquake, shakey cam isn't necessary. You want me to feel like I'm right there? Cool, I don't suddenly convulse just because shit's going down around me, fuck off with the shakey cam. Your second point is correct though.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Unless it's some gimmicky first person view or there's a goddamn earthquake, shakey cam isn't necessary. You want me to feel like I'm right there? Cool, I don't suddenly convulse just because shit's going down around me, fuck off with the shakey cam. Your second point is correct though.

in very specific circumstances, it works fine. if, for example, the main character is getting mugged. let's say this scene is supposed to set up the character feeling helpless, confused, like things are happening too fast. the police want them to identify the mugger, but everything was so chaotic that they can't remember. or perhaps this scene is meant to setup the victim to make a lifestyle change so as not to be the victim anymore.

i'm absolutely not advocating for shaky cam to be a regular thing. it sucks. but sometimes the story teller might WANT to make the audience feel a certain way. i guess i'm advocating shaky cam as part of a story telling tool, not to hide mistakes or cheap effects.

Edit: also, was that anjelica houston? good lord, do you guys remember when she was hot?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
How did Keanu Reeves become the best action star of our generation?

Feb 17th will mark the 20th anniversary of Bill & Ted btw.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
please let her die quick
giphy-22.gif

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

I love Keanu. Even more than I love the person I'm going to say. But I think it could be argued that Keanu is #2, behind the fucking juggernaut that is Tom Cruise.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Setting up John Wick 4 I see. Halle Wick.

Can’t wait.

• 1Barf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
come on dawg, we all know what we're getting into when we want to watch JW3, cuz JW2 had fucking bullet proof dress shirt plot armor.

I'm sure we all just want good believable action that won't make us vomit, faciliated by fucking NEO!

Bulletproof suits are a real thing

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

30th anniversary. And to answer the question Speed which turns 25 in June.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
30th anniversary. And to answer the question Speed which turns 25 in June.
Yea, 30, thanks.

And holy shit I forgot Speed which I watched 1000x lol.

I love Keanu. Even more than I love the person I'm going to say. But I think it could be argued that Keanu is #2, behind the fucking juggernaut that is Tom Cruise.

I was expecting you to say Arnold, Stallone, or Bruce Willis... but Tom Cruise? lol nahhhh...

I'm talking the pure action movies with someone steamrolling baddies. Jet Li and Matt Damon might be contenders for current gen, but Keanu has The Matrix, Constinople, Ronin, and John Wick, he's gotta be #1 current gen. And Arnold, Stallone, Willis are the previous gen

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider

He's a hard working mofo, he puts in the work to actually look legit, his training for John Wick 1 and 2 was nuts and it paid off.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He's a hard working mofo, he puts in the work to actually look legit, his training for John Wick 1 and 2 was nuts and it paid off.
Yea NEO and Cruise are about the only ones that put in the work to look awesome

• 2Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yea NEO and Cruise are about the only ones that put in the work to look awesome
Yeah, Cruise is nutjob but have to give him a lot of credit too. Between Last Samurai and Collateral he really started to change my opinion of him and then he started doing all the crazy stunts for MI and of course the Reacher movies.

• 1Like