John Wick: Chapter 3 (2019)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
10:15PM next Friday night. It's a bro movie for sure. I got 4 tickets and I never see movies with anyone besides my wife (I saw Endgame solo) - except these movies. It's my birthday weekend, so I'm bringing bros with me, even paid for their tickets, with folks who don't even normally go to movies. They're hype for this. Of course in returning the favor they buy me pitchers of beer and my meal.

These are literally high quality, modern day, properly done, high class cinema action masterpieces. Coming from the Schwarzenegger generation, this generation could use some goddamn masculinity.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
10:15PM next Friday night. It's a bro movie for sure. I got 4 tickets and I never see movies with anyone besides my wife (I saw Endgame solo) - except these movies. It's my birthday weekend, so I'm bringing bros with me, even paid for their tickets, with folks who don't even normally go to movies. They're hype for this. Of course in returning the favor they buy me pitchers of beer and my meal.

These are literally high quality, modern day, properly done, high class cinema action masterpieces. Coming from the Schwarzenegger generation, this generation could use some goddamn masculinity.
Also my birthday week and literally doing the exact same thing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Tl;dr from it
Non stop action for 2 hours. In the first 30 minutes they exceed 1-2 combined then gets even better. Final verdict 9/10.

98% from 41 reviews so far

• 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Liked it, but the end felt like a commercial for Sig Sauer. The gun nut in me was like hmm...questionable logic and decisions on armament there Charon.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Watched it.

I will watched the fourth.

Pretty fucking wtf by Winston in the end but what you gonna do ...

I wonder though if Winston and the Bowery
are on it together.

I refuse to believe Winston would

betray John wick

Like that. It doesn't make sense. It is shallow. When he talked about

force of New York

I think he was talking about the underground altogether.

Last edited:

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Pacing felt a little bit off, especially from the first, but its a fantastic addition to the series. Lots more knife/sword work than I recall in the first two combined, but the big fight scenes were incredible as usual. I love the way the lore gets fleshed out more and more along the way and it feels very natural. The guy from Iron Chef America was so much better than I could have hoped for, pulled his weight and then some.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haven't seen this yet, but Iron Chef America guy is Mark Dacascos. Look up Only the Strong, and revel in the greatness.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Better than 2 but not better than 1.
Really liked they changed a bit the fight scenes, adding knives, swords and other shit. Not just wave after wave of badies with guns. (My biggest complain in 2)
Was fucking hilarious how the Japanese dude was a wick fanboy lol that scene was really gold.
And the movie has a great video game structure at the end, Streets of Rage meets Mortal Kombat lol loved that bit

The ending was meh, maybe is to open a possibility of a 4th movie but come on, wasn't this supposed to be a trilogy? He should have gone full circle and that was it, kinda like the Bourne movies (just forget everything after Ultimatum).
Still, I think there is nothing more to tell about his story, because him against the organization we have already seen it.

7.5/10

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I think I may of liked this one the best out of the 3. The pacing was better than 2 and they where able to make Halle Berry seem believable in a fight scene (she has the best one imo)

Obvious set up for the TV show at the end and a fourth movie.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Haven't seen this yet, but Iron Chef America guy is Mark Dacascos. Look up Only the Strong, and revel in the greatness.
Haven't seen this movie yet, but looking up who Iron Chef guy is...Brotherhood of the Wolf is another GREAT movie that he's in. It probably doesn't focus on Dacascos like Only the Strong might (haven't seen that either), but it does have something I'm sure we all can appreciate: nekkid Monica Belucci in her prime.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
9/10, really enjoyed it and a must watch for any John Wick fan.

I would HIGHLY recommend rewatching 1 & 2 again before going in, just to reimmerse yourself into the world. It definitely expands upon the lore and world building in great ways. Just like John Wick 2 starts immediately after JW1, JW3 starts immediately after JW2.

1 was a very singular and focused, simple movie that introduced the world.
2 was great but felt a bit like a Hitman (game) movie, especially with the Euro kill stages. The main bad chick (Ruby Rose) was kinda lame.
3 felt like a mix of Assassins Creed and Call of Duty. Still really good, but more "huh... welp, ok guess this is the John Wick world" moments

The main bad guy in 3 is pretty awesome. Definitely gonna rewatch again next week, watched in Dolby this time and will give a spin in IMAX next week.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Last night we tried to think of any other actors who had starred in every movie of 3 separate franchises (i.e. at least trilogies). Try to think of some yourself! The list is very short. Keanu rules.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
What's his third franchise? Cause I can't think of anyone who's done three. Unless we count all the guys in The Expendables, but that's kinda cheating.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
What's his third franchise? Cause I can't think of anyone who's done three. Unless we count all the guys in The Expendables, but that's kinda cheating.

Bill & Ted's, although the third is not out yet.

Stallone is definitely one we were counting.