John Wick: Chapter 4 (2022)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
end credit scene:
end credit is Caine holding flowers walking towards his daughter playing the violin, view change Akira? Walking towards him with a knife...end scene.
questions Remaining
did John and Caine Plan on how the Duel Went, YEP.
is John Wick Actually DEAD? - in my opinion, No. my wife says yes. ending was vague enough it could go either way, but i lean towards no.
Is Winston John's Father, in my opinion, Yes. 1 Roma Ruska Tattoo on Winstons Hand and Winston Calls him(John) Son during the Final Scene.
is Caine Dead(after end credit scene ends part), that depends Provided Caine defends himself, he is alive and Akira? is either dead or heavily injured, if Caine does not defend himself, he is Dead and his daughter and Akira? are free. in my opinion, he will not kill her.

I never picked up on the idea that Winston is John's father. In retrospect JW4 definitely gives that indication. Not really a spoiler because it doesn't lead to anything and is never stated. I do think it's heavily implied though, which puts a new spin on all the earlier movies if so.

It's also possible Winston just has a huge amount of respect for John. I'd need to see how he reacts to John in his earliest appearances in the series.

Also, one of the reasons I think JW4 is better than JW1 is that JW1 has an unnecessary "second third act" IMO. It should end when he slays Greyjoy and then goes and gets into a car. The camera kind of stutter-pans up into the sky just like the end of The Matrix, and every time I see JW1 for a second I think that's the end. Nope, instead we got another 15 minutes or so where DaFoe (a guy we like) gets tortured to death and then Wick goes after the dad in a car chase and they fight in the rain and the dad puts up way too good of a fight and it strains credulity. Just end the movie with Greyjoy, have the dad totally back off because Wick is so dangerous, he won't even TRY to avenge his son, end the movie.

Last edited:

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They don't need to do another one though because they've set up 3 spinoffs now: Ballerina (which they haven't set up much at all except that we know it exists and has John in it)
Isn't Ballerina about her going after the high council after killing all the guards and fucking with Angelica Huston in JW3?

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This was better than the last two IMO. Clearly not better than the 1st. They really over did Donnie Yen. Fucks sake he was better than John Wick!

Favorite scene was the Place de l'Etoile cars/fight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This was better than the last two IMO. Clearly not better than the 1st. They really over did Donnie Yen. Fucks sake he was better than John Wick!

Favorite scene was the Place de l'Etoile cars/fight.

My favorite scene was the whole German club sequence with the gold-teethed Bond villain. Reminded me of the awesome nightclub scene in JW1, only now with a boss fight at the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My favorite scene was the whole German club sequence with the gold-teethed Bond villain. Reminded me of the awesome nightclub scene in JW1, only now with a boss fight at the end.

I forgot about that! The fat guy was awesome! I was hoping he wouldn't kill him.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fat guy is Scott adkins which was kinda a funny joke putting him in fat suit

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This movie was fucking excellent, but whoever said it's a "better movie" than The Matrix is fucking off their rocker. I think it was Rajaah Rajaah ? It was entertaining as hell, but it isn't even as good as the first John Wick, let alone one of the absolute greatest movies of the past 30 years.

I really think they cut up the first half of the movie, because the editing, pacing, etc. is wonky as fuck in the beginning. It isn't really until around the Paris stuff that the movie starts finding its stride. Prior to that, I was concerned that people calling this "better than 2 and 3" were crazy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Who woulda thought...

64974735-E9BB-4D52-AE15-77E5FBA09391.jpeg

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was desperate to take a leak the moment the movie ended. As a result, I didn't see the after credit scene. I missed out, but I read about it afterwards. It kinda answers the question I had above.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This movie was fucking excellent, but whoever said it's a "better movie" than The Matrix is fucking off their rocker. I think it was Rajaah Rajaah ? It was entertaining as hell, but it isn't even as good as the first John Wick, let alone one of the absolute greatest movies of the past 30 years.

I really think they cut up the first half of the movie, because the editing, pacing, etc. is wonky as fuck in the beginning. It isn't really until around the Paris stuff that the movie starts finding its stride. Prior to that, I was concerned that people calling this "better than 2 and 3" were crazy.

Pure action wise I'd put this movie above Matrix, JW1, or even The Raid.

Just rewatched the first 3 movies over two nights. JW3 feels like part two of JW2, and is better than I remembered. It gets going in the second half with the High Table assaulting the Continental. Wick's brawl with the two guys from The Raid was pretty solid, with him using his own belt as a weapon because he didn't have many options.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
end credit scene:
end credit is Caine holding flowers walking towards his daughter playing the violin, view change Akira? Walking towards him with a knife...end scene.
questions Remaining
did John and Caine Plan on how the Duel Went, YEP.
is John Wick Actually DEAD? - in my opinion, No. my wife says yes. ending was vague enough it could go either way, but i lean towards no.
Is Winston John's Father, in my opinion, Yes. 1 Roma Ruska Tattoo on Winstons Hand and Winston Calls him(John) Son during the Final Scene.
is Caine Dead(after end credit scene ends part), that depends Provided Caine defends himself, he is alive and Akira? is either dead or heavily injured, if Caine does not defend himself, he is Dead and his daughter and Akira? are free. in my opinion, he will not kill her.

Spoilered thoughts on spoilered thoughts....

Is John Wick dead? I agree with you that they left an opening for a return. Winston gets the unconscious and bleeding John in Paris, uses connections/coins to get him into a long term hospital to heal up under an assumed name/identity. Buries an empty box in New York. This opens up the door for more movies if Lionsgate and Keanu Reeves want them. But at the same time it would be like bringing RJD back at Tony Stark, it would take a lot of the gravitas away from the story of JW4, especially the whole "you are what you are, a killer" message.

My wife was upset he didn't get some form of "happy ending" walk off into the sunset to live out his days. But as I explained to her. This entire franchise is telling the story of what happens when someone does get their happily ever after, but then fate (the cancer in his wife) and evil (stolen car/killed puppy) take it from them. This entire series is the epilogue to John Wick's "Happily Ever After". Which happens in what might end up being a prequel movie about his life before then and his initial effort to "get out".

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I hope they dont make a Chapter 5. Chapter 4 is too good of an ending to the "John Wick" Chapters.

Assuming Ballerina is good (which will have John in it, cause its between 3 and 4), the franchise is ripe for spin offs. There are so many stories that could be told that we have heard snippets of.

I'd be happy if we never saw anything about them, but studios like money too much. How about a movie where we see why Caine, John and Shimazu were friends? Lets see them kill some fuckers in their individual styles. Even use Keanu, Donnie Yen and Hiroki Sanada. Shouldn't they be younger? Yeah, but fuck you, who cares.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I hope they dont make a Chapter 5. Chapter 4 is too good of an ending to the "John Wick" Chapters.

Assuming Ballerina is good (which will have John in it, cause its between 3 and 4), the franchise is ripe for spin offs. There are so many stories that could be told that we have heard snippets of.

I'd be happy if we never saw anything about them, but studios like money too much. How about a movie where we see why Caine, John and Shimazu were friends? Lets see them kill some fuckers in their individual styles. Even use Keanu, Donnie Yen and Hiroki Sanada. Shouldn't they be younger? Yeah, but fuck you, who cares.

This is a lot like the F&F series. Furious 7 was the PERFECT end point for it. Then they made more of them. Are F&F 8 and 9 good? I mean, they have plenty of crazy action and they serve up what the audience wants. They aren't necessary though. The series gained nothing from their existence, and if it ended with Furious 7 it'd be looked back at very fondly now.

Hobbs & Shaw was a great spinoff movie we got after F7. Shoulda gotten more stuff like that. JW4 should be the last JW movie and from here they should do a couple spinoffs. But they won't, they'll do JW5 and 6 most likely, and they'll serve up all the action, but they'll also be very "mainstream" and not have the heart JW4 had. Same thing that happened post Furious 7 (which had all the heart).

Just my opinion. Forget JW5 and do "From the John Wick universe" spinoffs. Ballerina, Mr Nobody, Akira going after Caine. Can have Wick in them when it makes sense. Even a couple prequels would be cool. Like someone said already, Wick/Caine/Japanese guy fighting together in the past. And of course the "Impossible Task" would be a terrific prequel.

I just hate to see another series go the way of F&F and the 24 show by having them go on way too long with the main character dying and coming back over and over until it just kinda ends.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Saw this today, really really enjoyed it. Personally I thought 3 was really good and this might have been a bit better, still below 1 but I, to this day, get chills when I ever I see the 'Oh." seen.

Whole family loved it, definitely worth seeing in the theatre.

Szlia

Still very unique, but a mixed bag for me. Reeves is not getting younger and many of the choreographies feel labored and approximative now. In the earlier films, Wick survived because of his mastery allowing him to stay in control of messy situations, while here it sounds like he makes it through the chaos because he is the only one able to aim. Donnie Yen is cool though (even with plot-based variable blindness) and some of the sequences are mind boggling. Even if we know there is a massive use of CGI, the basic logistics or even the feasibility of some sequences just baffled me. Obviously I am talking about the battle in traffic at the Place de l'Étoile and the top down tracking shots in the Parisian apartment (I mean.... how is the lighting done for these shots?).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users