John Wick: Chapter 4 (2022)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, they explained exactly in the movie why we haven't heard of him before.. he's an upstart who became the top enforcer of the High Table specifically because after the events of John Wick 3 the High Table felt threatened and he offered to terminate the threat for good.. so they gave him carte blanche to get rid of John Wick. The various parts in the movie where he is punishing past or current allies of John Wick is him doing the enforcer job of making sure no one is going to think of helping a rogue assassin like John Wick in the future. As for the duel, it was an old and mostly forgotten rule that the upstart marquis wasn't aware of, but the High Table adjudicator had to accept it once it was made official by Winston.

The John Wick underworld seems so vast and convoluted that I don't think seeing new threats is really surprising, especially since John Wick usually eliminates most of them in each movie so there's bound to be some replacements going on.

I think the only thing left for a John Wick 5 was him going after the High Table itself and wiping out all 12 of them (11 now? Was that guy in the desert a member?)

I expected that to be the situation for JW5 after he dealt with Donnie Yen and the Marquis in JW4. But now he doesn't need to go after them, plus we got the perfect end point, so I don't see a reason to continue.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That always bothered me about the 2nd. Also, Winston's speech to the brother about how the high table doesn't control the continental and Winston runs the show was completely retconned in 3 and 4. Then blaming Winston because Wick isn't dead when it was The Adjudicator's job to kill him makes zero sense as well. Don't think they even mentioned the Adjudicator in number 4, so wtf happened there?

Possibly in some of the 45 minutes cut, but thinking about it there's a lot of holes in #4

Wick not murdering that bald Karen adjudicator from JW3 was a big missed opportunity in 4.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still haven't seen 4 but it takes place years apart or in between ?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I got the impression all of them took place in the span of like a month or so, basically one after another rapid-fire.

Even him losing his wife happened like a week before the first movie, IIRC. If I'm right, then JW4 is like a few weeks removed from him losing his wife.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pogi.G

I got the impression all of them took place in the span of like a month or so, basically one after another rapid-fire.

Even him losing his wife happened like a week before the first movie, IIRC. If I'm right, then JW4 is like a few weeks removed from him losing his wife.

Yeah, I always felt the timeline for these movies was super close. His wife died, a few days later he gets the puppy, day or so later all hell breaks loose. The Russian guy in 2 was mourning his brother said that Wick is probably coming for him next, so I would say a few weeks between 1 and 2 maybe, and then the transition from 2-3-4 is less than a week each.

The way that Winston answered King at end of the movie on whether or not John Wick was in Heaven or Hell, I took that as John Wick was still alive. Thoughts?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, I always felt the timeline for these movies was super close. His wife died, a few days later he gets the puppy, day or so later all hell breaks loose. The Russian guy in 2 was mourning his brother said that Wick is probably coming for him next, so I would say a few weeks between 1 and 2 maybe, and then the transition from 2-3-4 is less than a week each.

The way that Winston answered King at end of the movie on whether or not John Wick was in Heaven or Hell, I took that as John Wick was still alive. Thoughts?

1, 2, and 3 all took place immediately after each other. At the beginning of 3 the 1 hour delay Winston gave him at the end of 2 isn't even up yet.

4 they don't give an exact answer. All we know is he's recovered from falling off a building which is why I'm guessing a month or two.

I'm it's meant to keep the door open in case they decide to do a #5, but if they don't do a #5 then he's definitely dead

• 1Like

Pogi.G

1, 2, and 3 all took place immediately after each other. At the beginning of 3 the 1 hour delay Winston gave him at the end of 2 isn't even up yet.

4 they don't give an exact answer. All we know is he's recovered from falling off a building which is why I'm guessing a month or two.

I'm it's meant to keep the door open in case they decide to do a #5, but if they don't do a #5 then he's definitely dead

Ah, yeah. I forgot about falling off the continental and King's face was pretty much healed in 4. Definitely a month or two.

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Is John still alive?

I think he could be. And I think within the lore of the world, there is definitely a way to have him actually still be around. I don't think this is the end of John Wick, personally. Think Prison Break, and what happened at the end of Season 4.

Homsar

Finally!

Always wanted to watch John Wick without that dead weight John Wick character
I can get away with certain stories of women being bad ass but this looks like it's going to be woke like most peacock originals.

Female badass characters used to never be able to overpower dudes and just smart and safe. Now it's all about being somehow stronger then men which is just ridiculous unless it's some freak woman. I think that's what made Ripley or Sarah Connor such good characters

I love Ana de Armas but god damn I can't picture 110 lb girls tossing 200+ males around

Last edited:

Juvarisx

Florida
I can get away with certain stories of women being bad ass but this looks like it's going to be woke like most peacock originals.

Female badass characters used to never be able to overpower dudes and just smart and safe. Now it's all about being somehow stronger then men which is just ridiculous unless it's some freak woman. I think that's what made Ripley or Sarah Connor such good characters

I love Ana de Armas but god damn I can't picture 110 lb girls tossing 200+ males around

This isn't the Ana de Armas one, she is in Ballerina or something similar. This one is Winston's backstory and has Mel Gibson in it and is a 3 episodes and done thing so really just an overlong film.

Myself I am excited.

Homsar

This isn't the Ana de Armas one, she is in Ballerina or something similar. This one is Winston's backstory and has Mel Gibson in it and is a 3 episodes and done thing so really just an overlong film.

Myself I am excited.
I know Armas isnt in this but the trailer is full of female assassins

Juvarisx

Florida
I know Armas isnt in this but the trailer is full of female assassins

Ah, well I guess in my fictional assassin world full of Homeless assassins led by a comical King Homeless man, blind shotgun duels at close range, assassin hotels that i often wonder what would happen if some random person wondered into (like do they still have to serve them?),bulletproof suits, and a cabal of "Kings" that secretly might as well rule the world and the one dude that they cant kill but manages to wipe out hundreds of dudes without any police presence.... I don't mind if there is a asskicking Femme Fatale or two or whatever.

Thank God Kill Bill or Atomic Blonde came out where they did cause this whining is out of control. Here's a hint dude...no one man can do what John Wick does either, it isnt the fucking point. I'd love to see a YouTube Skit of a John Wick IRL and watching some dude just get shot in the head in 3 seconds and the bad dudes walking away.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Ah, well I guess in my fictional assassin world full of Homeless assassins led by a comical King Homeless man, blind shotgun duels at close range, assassin hotels that i often wonder what would happen if some random person wondered into (like do they still have to serve them?),bulletproof suits, and a cabal of "Kings" that secretly might as well rule the world and the one dude that they cant kill but manages to wipe out hundreds of dudes without any police presence.... I don't mind if there is a asskicking Femme Fatale or two or whatever.

Thank God Kill Bill or Atomic Blonde came out where they did cause this whining is out of control. Here's a hint dude...no one man can do what John Wick does either, it isnt the fucking point. I'd love to see a YouTube Skit of a John Wick IRL and watching some dude just get shot in the head in 3 seconds and the bad dudes walking away.
Change your tampon ya punk bitch.

• 4Worf
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I could do it

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I think... I think when this comes out as 4 movie set... I think I might... not pirate it...

I think... I think I might actually buy it...

Oh My God Wow GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users