John Wick: Chapter Two (2017)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I think a Continental series could really work. Not make it about John Wick as much as all the other characters, with possibly the occasional cameo from Keanu.

I am also double in on this if it has Ian McShane but that's just because he's my spirit animal.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I could see Keanu being a mentor and helping out if a new assassin is having trouble with a mission or something.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Just saw this finally, and if the first was a 10 , this one was a 5. I get the "assassin world fiction" is a big attraction to the plot, but what did it for me in the first one was the over the top revenge story. You fuck with a mans car and dog, mix in the fact he is already pissed about his wife, you have the recipe for a bad ass movie.

This was extremely generic. You lose the driving force behind the first movie. For me the assassin world stuff isn't well done enough to make the movie good, it seemed even John Wick was bored in a couple scenes...like what am I doing and why.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
I think its better to think of John Wick 1 & 2 as a single movie, like Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2. It maintains the same speed/style and the second movie starts literally seconds after the first one. Thats the vibe the director was going for so it woulda been weird to radically suddenly shift into a new style or story. Ruby though was the huge negative of 2, she really sucks. Blind Morpheus also didn't really make any sense or add to the movie.

Also weren't there rumors that the TV show would be a prequel? I guess if Keanu is making guest appearances that may not be true, unless the TV show is framed as him telling stories about his past to someone else.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I thought I read somewhere that the TV series would be prequels/before Wick's retirement, but it may have just been speculation.