Joker (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
3.94 star(s) Rating: 3.94/5 16 Votes
Title: Joker (2019)

Genre: Crime

Director: Todd Phillips

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert De Niro, Brett Cullen, Zazie Beetz, Frances Conroy, Shea Whigham, Bill Camp, Glenn Fleshler, Douglas Hodge, Josh Pais, Marc Maron, Bryan Callen

Release: 2019-10-04

Plot: During the 1980s, a failed stand-up comedian is driven insane and turns to a life of crime and chaos in Gotham City while becoming an infamous psychopathic crime figure.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fedor

<Banned>
o53usl5gkmn11.jpg

• 4Barf
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Cesar Romero looked better... with a painted over 'stache

1537564680547.jpeg

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Deep down inside something about this tells me this movie would be a lot better if they removed the Joker aspects and replaced it with something original.

Obviously there is very little to base that on, just starting to get a WWZ : Brad Pitt vs The Army of Zombies kind of vibe. Could also be that I just don't like most detailed interpretations on the Joker... he works better as an enigma, giving the Joker an origin story almost seems contradictory to the character itself.

I know this is supposed to be non-cannon but so was The Killing Joke at first.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Well in The Dark Knight, Joker had multiple stories about how he got the scars all around his mouth. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of this one you find out this is one of many versions of how Joker became Joker.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
he got heckled on stage by a feminist who didn't appreciate his harvey weinstein rape jokes and that turned him into the joker

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
he got heckled on stage by a feminist who didn't appreciate his harvey weinstein rape jokes and that turned him into the joker

Dude that would be so awesome if they base The Joker's origin story on being a blacklisted stand-up comic like Louis CK.

• 8Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Maybe suicide squad made me lower my standards, but I'm intrigued. It can't be any worse right?

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Szlia

I think the difficult job for Phoenix will be to not mimic previous Jokers and find his own. He has the potential to deliver a very weird and unsettling performance, so , at the very least, seeing him wrestle with the character should not be boring.

Hot take: it could also be interesting to have him replicate Ledger's performance to a T. Treating the part a bit like a biopic that goes for mimetism (not all biopics do).

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Give me a slow sloooow story about a man descending into madness

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I can see people having issues w/ the content as it relates to the source material, but really looking forward to Phoenix's performance in this.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Say what you will about DC and character appearances, I believe in Phoenix. If he goes full bore disturbed, I see this going somewhere. Unfortunately it's probably the rest of the movie that's going to suck donkey dick. As long as they stay away from CGI, and keep this shit grounded, we're looking at a potentially fantastic movie. I don't really see Phoenix hamming it up. I see him making the audience actually uncomfortable, and that would be fucking awesome. Ledger had me startled, and almost rooting for him, in a hah hah this is crazy, not a, "fuck man, no, fuck, shit, fuck, what, no, what, Jesus christ..."

If this is PG-13, I scratch everything I just said and it's going to be complete garbage.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like even if pheonix does an amazing job, history shows the execs at WB can't leave well enough alone and will fuck this up somehow.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database