Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's going to be a quasi remake of that stupid movie she did with Bradley Cooper. Instead of cowboy music it will be her normal techno bullshit.
You don't know what you are talking about.

Peak Gaga music (Fame Monster) was amazing, it has synths but maybe you just heard remixes?

She basically retired the character 10 years ago and just does normie shit now, I doubt there will be synths in this at all.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You don't know what you are talking about.

Peak Gaga music (Fame Monster) was amazing, it has synths but maybe you just heard remixes?

She basically retired the character 10 years ago and just does normie shit now, I doubt there will be synths in this at all.
her dance music was incredible at the time. i'm still a big fan. you could listen to that entire first album. there's like 7 hit songs on it. the next album was pretty good too. nothing like Fame Monster. what she's doing in the last ten years is just fucking clown shoes. she must have lost the real person who was writing/producing those songs

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
First one was a masterpiece that pretty much came from out of nowhere. I am willing to give this one a go. Trailer looks unique and sort of gives me Brazil vibes mixed with All that Jazz for the performance parts. I will take a musical exploration of society glorifying insanity over the millionth remake any day of the week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Silver Squire
You're really offering remixes as proof as to what the original is like? You're one smooth brain.

I guess Beethoven is techno now.
Pretty sure people back then were playing their own instruments.

If you think there is any sort of major difference between EDM and Techno I think we've found the smoothbrain.

Brb the tempo changes.

• 1WTF

Caliane

Techno is a very broad genre term.

gaga is mostly synth-pop I think.. synth-pop is sometimes called techno-pop. could also be called electropop. which is basically the same thing, just a more modern term, to expand past just synths.
Synth-pop, electronica, and house are either outright genres of techno, or are direct influences of the genre.

since he didn't clarify, EDM is electronic dance music.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

If you think there is any sort of major difference between EDM and Techno I think we've found the smoothbrain.

Brb the tempo changes.
You seem to miss the point that a fucking remix is in no way a piece of evidence in determining the genre of the original piece of music. All those video links you posted were pointless.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Brb the tempo changes.

You seem to miss the point that a fucking remix is in no way a piece of evidence in determining the genre of the original piece of music. All those video links you posted were pointless.

Exactly.

Any "DJ" - aka a guy in his bedroom with some software can take an existing "pop" song, increase the BPM, add more instruments etc to "remix" that song into something resembling a dance track

So, Jim Morrison is "deep house" now?

Offering up unofficial "techno" remixes of Lady Gaga as evidence of Lady Gaga being techno is, well let's just say your bad takes should make you feel right at home around here.

And if you want to well ackshually, EDM is an umbrella term for all kinds of electronic music. It doesn't mean EDM and Techno are the same

• 1Garbage

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The nomenclature I find confusing.

Synthwave I guess?
I've always assumed "Techno" was kinda like "Metal" where you have 100 subtypes of music that only sorta relate to each other.

Like going from the classic Prodigy:

to something from the early 2010s, like Justice (w/ the 80/90's tribute video):

gauze

Molten Core Raider
The nomenclature I find confusing.

Synthwave I guess?
Yeah, synthwave.. or outrun, retrowave, ect.. has tangent genres like darkwave ect. Influenced by neo-80s(nostalgia scope)//gta:vice city, and alittle bit of French producers jumping on the scene post-Discovery looking for a new sound and the likes of house's sampling of disco. Drive thrusted it into the cultural zeitgeist, but prior it was just a kinda internet genre for a good bit. I caught wind of it when Kavinsky hit the scene, who also has a track on Drive. Usually, synthwave fits more in the pillar of electronic if we were to define electronic by the fact it's a band ensemble(drummer/guitarist/keyboardist/ect).
2006~ish?

and then 10 years later

but as someone said, techno, edm, and even electronic are like catchall terms like metal, rock, or country.. but then you can start breaking things down by who is influenced by who, and what they take from others.. like the idea of Metallica being thrash, and then slowly progressing themselves into hard rock lol.. but that said there are band/group/djs that do fit the mold of electronic, edm, or techno.

Personally, the craziest music genre and its roots.. is dungeon synth, sounds like some EQ music which is arguably more in the camp of "electronic".. and its root is in the bedroom diy of black metal.

Just googling/youtubing "remix" of a song, more than 90% of them are going to be some cheap copout attempt by some no-name applying +bpm or bassboost.. and something like gaga, is like most pop artists, incredibly engineered music to sound off for the masses.. the amount of hands, and names involved to produce an album like so is usually an extensive list.

But I would imagine that most music used for this movie will be time specific, they're not just gonna throw in something from the 2000s.. unless its somehow takes gaga's shit and retrofying it which would shitup the timepiece element of the movie.. i'd imagine that the whole its a musical satire that takes place in their psyche is more accurate to how the story/movie will progress.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Never stick your dick in crazy.
Words of wisdom, but the best fucks I’ve had in my life were all crazy.

1712979897137.jpeg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users