JRPGs

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmm, those all sound great. Guess that pronouncement I made was borne of ignorance as I had no clue those were coming. I kinda stopped following 3DS releases a while ago. Cool to find out it's got some solid titles remaining.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yep, been waiting for it since the day they announced it.

Definitely won't be my last 3DS game though; Atlus still has The Alliance Alive, Strange Journey Redux, and another Etrian Odyssey (sadly, not EO3U).
The Alliance Alive looks interesting, not sure I'll bother with Strange Journey though I'm not a big fan of Shin Megami Tensei stuff for some reason, I do like Persona but the original standard SMT I find kinda boring, probably because I don't really like the whole collecting and combining demons and I only kinda like the vulnerability based combat of the whole series. I'll definitely be grabbing the next EO, although that's probably pretty fucking far away.

As for Radiant Historia I don't know if I'll get it, I have the original to play still, not sure if just the improvements would be worth the price of the game, as the old one still runs on 3DS normally and shit, and it's not like graphics or whatever are important when it comes to the fucking terrible resolution of those portable consoles. Guess I'll look into it later maybe.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Will pick up Strange Journey for sure, Alliance Alive does look interesting but will wait for some impressions.

Needless

Toe Sucker
fucking BOOSH, KH3 out of nowhere

absolutely dog shit compared to both simple & clean, and more importantly; sanctuary, though.

moar actual trailer: game looks beautiful

Last edited:
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Beat link between worlds today and starting Xenoblade chronicles on 3ds. Doesn't look half bad. Controls are mediocre

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Beat link between worlds today and starting Xenoblade chronicles on 3ds. Doesn't look half bad. Controls are mediocre

Xenoblades controls are something you just kinda get used to.

It has one of the best stories in gaming imo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's only the version with a CD that's worth anything. You can still buy the normal game on Amazon for 25bucks. Same on Ebay. If you do have the version with the cd that seems not worth opening obviously but otherwise it isn't worth shit.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Ahh okay gotcha. Still gatta pry my wife's gold Zelda 3ds xl from her hiding spot.

I'll check if it's the CD version, but it's no bigger than a normal 3ds case

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ahh okay gotcha. Still gatta pry my wife's gold Zelda 3ds xl from her hiding spot.

I'll check if it's the CD version, but it's no bigger than a normal 3ds case
Well it says on the front of the box, the ebay photo actually shows that, it's basically a first print limited edition. The cd was in the box and wasn't any different from what I've read so the box would look normal otherwise.

Siliconemelons

Cool, I'll go find it and see- doubtful it's the first ed with cd... but always worth a check on ebay when you uncover some old game still sealed lol

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
FF 15 is on sale for the PS4. Should I get it or wait for this other version to come out?

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's probably worth a go just to see if you like it as some people here enjoyed it. I've been crucified several times for saying this, but fwiw I think it's far, far worse than FF13.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
FF 15 is on sale for the PS4. Should I get it or wait for this other version to come out?
Probably wait a couple of years for a sale on the definitive definitive edition. There's A LOT of content on the season pass stuff, so you're missing a lot just buying the base game, and not sure if the season pass goes on sale if ever.

I'd also grab the PC version if your PC isn't too old, just cause of the often deeper/faster sales on stuff.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I should be able too. Oldest thing about my PC is the 970 in it. I am planning to upgrade that this year.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Question on Xenoblade chronicles 1. In the first two hours I got my ass kicked repeatedly by every named mob I found. Died to every single one. Should I be grinding more or is it purposely like this?

Also my only heal is shulk, does that get better?