JRPGs

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
My biggest issue with Denuvo is when the company get's shut down, so many games will have to be patched for it to be fixed...(the fact they went after the one heavier hitter who was cracking it, is funny)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PC version is 40-45bucks, as is usual for PC games.
Except if you do that you lose the ability to refund the game if it does turn out to be a shit port. Only discount I see on ITAD is 20% off at GMG, which is another big NOPE even if it didn't have Denuvo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Except if you do that you lose the ability to refund the game if it does turn out to be a shit port. Only discount I see on ITAD is 20% off at GMG, which is another big NOPE even if it didn't have Denuvo.
You can't refund PS4 games though? Never had issues with GMG, there's cdkeys otherwise which is cheaper.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>

You can refund using Steam within 2 hours of playtime.

You should be able to know if it's a shit port within 2 hours.

Vorph

You can only refund a game if you buy it directly from Steam, for $60 in the case of DQ11. I was replying to him saying $40-45, which is a grey market keyseller (i.e. worse than piracy) price, and any third party keys you activate on Steam are not eligible for refunds.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This wait for the past 18 hours has been straight killing me for real.

I need some new DQ in my life

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How can a grey market reseller be worse than piracy? Some money is still going to be better than no money. GMG aren't a grey market reseller though, they have partnerships with the publishers, which is why they only sell games from certain companies and not everything. Cdkeys is definitely a grey market, although I think all they do is mostly flip various keys with regional pricing. They're not G2A which is a just a market for random people to sell keys which can come from stealing, bundles or can just not work, although it's possible in some cases cdkeys also come from these, I have little experience with them.

But yes if you buy for a lower price from 3rd parties, you cannot use the Steam refunds, and all these 3rd parties don't let you refund.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Del

Vyemm Raider
I'm pretty sure buying from CDKeys caused my credit card information to get stolen about 2 years ago. Never using shady sites like them again.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i put like 20 hours into DQXI this weekend, so far i enjoy it quite a bit and only a few things annoy me (that i could just look up online im sure).

the two main things are:
- "pepping up" doesn't seem to be a way to control when or how to activate it? and theres A BUNCH of side quests that require killing specific monsters with specific pep up combos. This is incredibly annoying lol
- you can't actually see some of the skills in the tree, until you unlock enough skills adjacent to that skill, then you can see what is hiding there (why? this is stupid)

The rest is great, lots of quirky voice acting, the game seems incredibly huge. Like i've barely touched the game it feels even after 20 hours of playing.

Vorph

How can a grey market reseller be worse than piracy?
Because unlike the "piracy" bogeyman, grey market keys are actually lost sales.

Not that I have any sympathy for a company that uses Denuvo anyway.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
i put like 20 hours into DQXI this weekend, so far i enjoy it quite a bit and only a few things annoy me (that i could just look up online im sure).

the two main things are:
- "pepping up" doesn't seem to be a way to control when or how to activate it? and theres A BUNCH of side quests that require killing specific monsters with specific pep up combos. This is incredibly annoying lol
- you can't actually see some of the skills in the tree, until you unlock enough skills adjacent to that skill, then you can see what is hiding there (why? this is stupid)

The rest is great, lots of quirky voice acting, the game seems incredibly huge. Like i've barely touched the game it feels even after 20 hours of playing.

Late game theres an item you can use apparently to control when you pep up. Someone mentioned it in a review.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Late game theres an item you can use apparently to control when you pep up. Someone mentioned it in a review.

Ahh thank god lol, it's super annoying hoping X & Y characters pep up at the same time before you kill a monster

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, I currently have a quest to do a specific pep move on a specific mob and that move requires 3 specific characters to be pepped up. It's a pain in the ass.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I currently have a quest to do a specific pep move on a specific mob and that move requires 3 specific characters to be pepped up. It's a pain in the ass.
Sounds like some of the DQ9 quests, to me, where you have to use a very specific (very low damage) skill on a specific monster, which only spawns in a specific type of grotto, if you RNG it successfully.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just started DQ 11 tonight and wow the nostalgia feels. Although I love the old school music, I think it would have been cute had they done the graphics using the Minecraft style graphics from builders. It is kind of jarring having the modern graphics with old school audio.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah grabbed this too, it's pretty solid so far. Looks really gorgeous, runs well on PC, is pretty fun so far with the higher difficulty, as in I'm not steamrolling shit. Might change once I can get a fuller team and shit but we'll see. Music is kinda eh, mostly the repetitive main theme is annoying, voices are alright(english only, since there's no actual jp VO, they released the game without any in Japan), characters are cool.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
If any of you guys are having some slight graphical hitches on the PC, check vsync. The monitor I'm using doesnt have vsync and for some reason vsync was on by default. Turning it off cleaned up some small hitches I was having when panning the camera around.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
If any of you guys are having some slight graphical hitches on the PC, check vsync. The monitor I'm using doesnt have vsync and for some reason vsync was on by default. Turning it off cleaned up some small hitches I was having when panning the camera around.
I'm having a weirder issue but it could be related to my hardware. So far, I have just-fine FPS unless I'm in Heliodor. Something there in the main area (not "downtown") is making things noticeably choppy when it's smooth everywhere else in the game. CPU is below the minimum (old rig, haven't upgraded it or MB yet) but the GPU isn't. Every other area has been just fine so far; only Heliodor has resulted in frame chopping.

That said, I am apparently a lucksack for critical hits in crafting. I'm close to a 50% chance of +3'ing crafted gear so far, based on how many of them have been perfects~

I also didn't spend very long getting the 2-person pep quest complete, either. Erik zones, then MC zones next turn. Too easy! Erik's Scorched Earth power is ridiculously OP.

DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME WITH A KEYBOARD. <- Repeat this until it and either carpal tunnel or hand cramps sink in. Getting a controller for your PC will save your life.

Last edited: