JRPGs

spronk

FPS noob
i thought Scarlet Nexus was gonna be on gamepass, guess not

looks like the most generic weeb game

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
looks like the most generic weeb game
You should try the demo. The story may end up being generic anime, but the gameplay was really good. Just don't go in expecting it to be anything like God Eater or Code Vein. Like I said a while back, I think the best comparison is to Astral Chain.

CV is on Game Pass, so this could be too, eventually. I preordered for XSX anyway though, demo was too fun to wait.

Malkav

French Madman
Started playing Yakuza 7 tonight since it's now on gamepass and I wanted something chill to play.

Boy, I read the start was slow (and that's why I was in a mood to start it tonight), but boy I wasn't ready for that 5 minutes of gameplay 30 minutes of cutscenes ratio. Finally stopped at the first playable part after getting out from jail. I definitely like it though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Started playing Yakuza 7 tonight since it's now on gamepass and I wanted something chill to play.

Boy, I read the start was slow (and that's why I was in a mood to start it tonight), but boy I wasn't ready for that 5 minutes of gameplay 30 minutes of cutscenes ratio. Finally stopped at the first playable part after getting out from jail. I definitely like it though.
I really like the Yakuza games, especially LaD, but I simply don't have the time, let alone the patience, for the amount of cutscenes in Yakuza 7. The characters and story are all great but with the minimal time I get to play games during the week, I'd rather play than watch.

Not a knock against the game or series as I've loved the others. Too bad real life kind of took over for me.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I am on the last Chapter of YAK7 - Finishing quests, leveling fun jobs and doing some optional dungeons for fun.

Its a great game.

I skipped all the cut scenes after chapter 1. ..... ALL OF THEM.

Still Great.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah all the yakuza games start out with insanely long, overly complicated cutscenes but i figure its just gotta be one of those weeb things. isn't death stranding like that too?

Vorph

SMT V would also have to escape from Nintendo's grasp, which is highly unlikely if they contributed any money to the game's development.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
P4G did great but Nocturne launch was kind of poor and is still rather poor.
To be fair, Nocturne is both harder and older than the more casual friendly Persona games. Also MegaTen isn't as known in the west, and they dropped the SMT title from the Persona games long ago.

I may have to finally buy a Switch for SMT V, though.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah really looking forward to SMT V, managed to snag one of those premium editions when they went up.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Looks quite a bit less good compared to the reveal trailer 2yrs ago, mostly the environments.

There's a gameplay video out that looks pretty fucking tight. I think it's gonna be pretty good, but we'll see I guess.

Timestamped to some battle gameplay.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
While waiting for a few games, I decided to freshen up on Cold Steel playthroughs.

Series is just quite fun. Gonna finish 2nd one now like this. Hardest part is the monster guide. I got really, really fucked on this on TOCS1 because I wasn't paying attention after my first (and 2nd) playthroughs and actually missed a monster outright (White Fang in Northern Nord Highlands). I payed attention making sure I had all the details of every single monster, but never realized I was missing one outright, so I had to do a 3rd playthrough last night and just play on easy, blowing through story to get to north nord to kill/battle scope 1 mob.

Anyways, lessons learned for TOCS2, I'm gonna start my nightmare run of that one today.

1630440670921.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Which would people recommend playing first, Persona 5 Royal or DQ11 since both are on sale atm?

Vorph

P5R, no contest.

I'm a huge SMT fan though, and I prefer modern day stuff to fantasy. DQ11 is a really good game, but it suffers from the same problem that Bravely Default did and the repetition becomes a slog before you finally beat it.

DQ11 is also on Game Pass. Personally I think the Switch version is the best one though, I got through the annoying parts in portable mode.

spronk

FPS noob
both games imo get super repetitive, well I played P5 (not royale) and the middle/end is quite a slog. but yeah, DQ11 is probably a bit more.

both are fun, i'd say it really just comes down to which do you prefer

Persona 5 - goofy teenage/high school drama mixed with dungeon crawling and stakes rising. 9/10 on the weeb scale
DQ11 - more old school "retarded boy who everyone loves for no reason saves the world mostly through the power of friendship". 6/10 on the weeb scale

Both are 100-120+ hour games so choose wisely. I played DQ11 on xbox series X and it was fantastic, crazy fast loading and everything looked really good.