JRPGs

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
After the way they butchered Bravely Second, I'll remain skeptical until it's actually released in the west.

Octopath more akin to the Saga series than Bravely Default.

I actually liked Bravely Second from a gameplay standpoint. The story wasn't as interesting as the first game, but it lacked the massive timeloop tedium and had a pretty nifty balance pass to make more things viable into the end game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I meant butchered by censorship and dumbing down every quest that had a choice in it. Also the low quality audio, but that was probably just a technical fuck up that won't come up in a Switch game. The sad thing was that it wasn't even Treehouse getting ahold of it, SE and Binari Sonori did it themselves.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
I was on my 2nd playthrough of Persona 5 in an effort to get a platinum on it and read what I thought was the last book. No trophy popped and I realized I forgot to pick up the Mementos request that gives you the Chinese Sweets book waaay back towards the beginning. Fuck, have to play through it pretty much all the way through a 3rd time to get those last 2 that I need.

Got a PSTV with Persona 4 Golden for Christmas which was basically the entire reason I asked for a PSTV to begin with. Persona 5 has made me a complete Persona fanboy. Got in about 10 hours and its great. I miss the distinct palaces, but so far so good.

Not really a JRPG but been playing through Danganronpa 1.2 with my wife and its a trip. Like a coked-out version of Phoenix Wright. Some of the answers during the trials are a bit convoluted but its been a good ride so far through the first one.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I was on my 2nd playthrough of Persona 5 in an effort to get a platinum on it and read what I thought was the last book. No trophy popped and I realized I forgot to pick up the Mementos request that gives you the Chinese Sweets book waaay back towards the beginning. Fuck, have to play through it pretty much all the way through a 3rd time to get those last 2 that I need.

Got a PSTV with Persona 4 Golden for Christmas which was basically the entire reason I asked for a PSTV to begin with. Persona 5 has made me a complete Persona fanboy. Got in about 10 hours and its great. I miss the distinct palaces, but so far so good.

Not really a JRPG but been playing through Danganronpa 1.2 with my wife and its a trip. Like a coked-out version of Phoenix Wright. Some of the answers during the trials are a bit convoluted but its been a good ride so far through the first one.

I did the same thing with Persona 4 Golden. Completed P5 and then bought a PSTV and P4G to play on it.

I preferred the story in P4G, but I much preferred the style of P5 as well as the stealth, baton pass and distinct dungeons. I really want to play P3, but there isn't a definitive version of it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd agree that it's the superior version, but "definitive" would require a merging of FES and Portable features into one package. Really wish Atlus was doing that instead of re-releasing Catherine.

• 1Solidarity

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
I did the same thing with Persona 4 Golden. Completed P5 and then bought a PSTV and P4G to play on it.

I preferred the story in P4G, but I much preferred the style of P5 as well as the stealth, baton pass and distinct dungeons. I really want to play P3, but there isn't a definitive version of it.

Yeah, my PS2 is long gone, so I'm probably just gonna see if PS3: Portable is available through PSTV or I'll just emulate it and give it a go on my laptop

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, my PS2 is long gone, so I'm probably just gonna see if PS3: Portable is available through PSTV or I'll just emulate it and give it a go on my laptop
You can play PE3 FES on PS3, that's how I played it a couple years ago. Can emulate it too though so kinda whatever.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
You can play PE3 FES on PS3, that's how I played it a couple years ago. Can emulate it too though so kinda whatever.

If only my PS3 wasn't bricked then I'd be all over FES

I've never tried PS2 emulation, so that's a route also

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Such a creepy atmosphere with P4G, but I loved that.

Yeah, definitely a different vibe than 5. I do miss some of the QoL stuff, but I really dig the backwater setting. I'm really curious to see how each character's 'alternate' self is presented in each of the dungeons. Only just got through Kanji's, so we'll see how it all goes.

I do feel a bit more stressed as to how to spend my free time as compared to P5. I've been concentrating on getting my party members links up and then branching to the secondary cast when I can.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Lol hi. Fuckkbg idiot.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Lost Sphear is out in about a fortnight anyone picking it up?

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
You're an embarrassment to yourself and your family. Go clean yourself up.

Dude. You really need to lurk more. Bitch.

With that said Jrpg’s are kind of like a pay check stub you are happy about. You will work your ass off, but in the end, you will wonder why the fuck why. Araysar Araysar you of all people know why you sit and wish you had it all. Thanks to you and your sorry ass is why we have such great characters in these games.

bitch and you always will be. Pussy

Last edited: