JRPGs

Rude

Potato del Grande
Considering one is 95% ranged and the other is 95% melee... wut?

Meh, the game was still pretty easy on Very Hard (which forces all aim assists off).
If the game was 5% melee the machine override mechanic wouldn't exist nor would the entire stealth tree for that matter. Let's get real here.

As for Ut's butt mad response, combat in HZD was ass and it's extremely easy to exploit. "Get gud" isn't necessary. How's the switch by the way? As fun as the crow you're eating right now?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Did you just quote Gamespot and IGN? Are you a Sony shill?

You're as inconsistent as a 12 year old girl at this point. At one minute you hate Nintendo and the next minute you're buying a console for a single game. You're such a casual lmao.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
If the game was 5% melee the machine override mechanic wouldn't exist nor would the entire stealth tree for that matter. Let's get real here.

As for Ut's butt mad response, combat in HZD was ass and it's extremely easy to exploit. "Get gud" isn't necessary. How's the switch by the way? As fun as the crow you're eating right now?

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a good game. It should have been ported over to all systems, because as a result it won't sell nearly enough as it could have on any decent gaming system today. I hope they got a pretty penny for keeping it exclusive.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Did you just quote Gamespot and IGN? Are you a Sony shill?

You're as inconsistent as a 12 year old girl at this point. At one minute you hate Nintendo and the next minute you're buying a console for a single game. You're such a casual lmao.

Go ahead and take your pick, Nancy.

Horizon Zero Dawn

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a good game. It should have been ported over to all systems, because as a result it won't sell nearly enough as it could have on any decent gaming system today. I hope they got a pretty penny for keeping it exclusive.

It's pretty funny being so dense that you consider this a Nintendo only problem.

1453397974970.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I say XC2 would have been better off across platforms so it would have sold more, and you automatically think I do not think that across all platforms? I would rather have all games cross platform and on PC as well. Do away with it all together. And to keep your thread on track, the same goes for Persona 5 which also should have been on all platforms, HZD, Shin 5, and whatever other flavor of the week JRPG lands on the exclusive chart list. Same goes for any game. That way people aren't forced to buy a piece of shit console to play a game, but even good can come out of that as well in my case when I am done with X2.

You are hilarious today bucky. Did the pub overcharge you for a Guiness over lunch?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo owns Monolithsoft wholly. There's no payment to keep it exclusive. It's no different than Uncharted 4, HZD, or Halo. Exclusives help sell systems, and it's really the only major strength that Nintendo has over Microsoft and Sony besides portability.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Nintendo owns Monolithsoft wholly. There's no payment to keep it exclusive. It's no different than Uncharted 4, HZD, or Halo. Exclusives help sell systems, and it's really the only major strength that Nintendo has over Microsoft and Sony besides portability.

Yeah I forgot that Nintendo owns Mono. With that said, I would love it if all three manufacturers would just quit playing the exlcusive island game and allow these games to be played on whatever system they have, rather than having consumers buy consoles for their exclusives. Right now I own an Xbox One S for the 4k player with my new OLED, and play Forza Horizon otherwise if the PS Pro had a 4k I wouldn't own an XBox at all. I have the Switch for this game but will donate it when I am done. And playstation pro for 1st and 3rd party. I come from a belief though that if all games were cross platform, it would drive console manufacturers to innovate their console generations more to be the "main system" everyone wants to play on, and it would introduce fierce competition to be the best - which all gamers would benefit from. With that said, new Mega Man 11 - coming to all consoles.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, Xenoblade was never going anywhere else. Atlus keeping SMT Switch only for no reason pisses me off though. Especially when the damn game is being made in UE4, ffs.

Machine override mechanic becomes mostly irrelevant once you get arrows that do the same thing from long range. I wouldn't really call using the override "melee" anyway.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
So your initial retort was invalid, as you would put it. . "wut"

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf

Vorph

No, 95% ranged is not invalid at all, especially on very hard.

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, Xenoblade was never going anywhere else. Atlus keeping SMT Switch only for no reason pisses me off though. Especially when the damn game is being made in UE4, ffs.

Atlus makes no sense. SMT has mostly been Nintendo exclusive and Persona has been Sony exclusive. The only reason I can see at this point is they think the fanbases for both are concentrated in those ecosystems and there is little crossover.

• 1Like

Vorph

There was like 5 non-Persona SMT games for the PS2 though, and they were also the first five SMT games released outside of Japan at all. I believe the shift to Nintendo was primarily because back then Atlus was on the verge of going under and it was far cheaper to make games for [3]DS than PS3. There doesn't seem to be any logical reason why they'd continue to limit themselves now that they're owned by Sega and are working in an engine which is pretty simple to port to any other platform. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that Sony paid them to make P5 an exclusive, but I find it pretty hard to believe Nintendo cares enough about any third party to do that, let alone Atlus.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The Persona side of SMT has always been PS, only very recently are you starting to see something on other systems, even then it's just PersonaQ(which *barf* at chibi shit)

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I can't believe some of you guys are shitting on HZD combat. Play it on Ultra-Hard where there is a limited HUD and no auto aim. You HAVE to pick apart the machines and doing so makes the game much more enjoyable and satisfying. You can't just lay down trip wires and get insta-kills. A full stack of tripwires won't even take off half of a Thunderjaw's HP on Ultra-Hard.

The way Aloy moves is very responsive and fluid as well. There are problems with the game, mostly with the game sometimes just not registering you being close enough for a stealth kill or never getting the opportunity to crit strike a downed enemy but the actual combat is the best part of the game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vorph

Now if we could just get a date for Cold Steel III in English. I'd also really love it if the PS4 "exclusive" version of that could be fully localized, so that I don't get burned again like I did with my Cold Steel I & II Vita purchases now that the far-superior PC version is out. Much as I would like to support Durante's efforts at making the highest quality PC ports ever, I don't double dip.

• 1Worf

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Project Octopath on the Switch seems promising. The demo was good, recommend downloading it. Very dark theme. 20 minutes into the story of the woman you have murder, implied forced prostitution, trafficking, abuse and more murder. Adult language as well. Good voice acting.

Vorph

After the way they butchered Bravely Second, I'll remain skeptical until it's actually released in the west.

• 1Like